Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3 weeks in, how are your resolutions going?

I took the easy road out and decided to change up my diet for New Years. I wasn`t gaining weight, but I wasn`t feeling amazing either. I felt a bit sluggish and I knew that with my busy schedule (no time for exercise), I had to do something in my own control.

So, I evaluated my entire menu for a week. Once looking at it, I began to feel a bit disgusted, so here is how I changed:

Breakfast
    Donuts or egg/bacon/cheese sandwiches changed to oatmeal and or a fruit salad (apples, grapes, walnuts, yogurt)...all coupled with freshly grounded coffee :spot

Snacks
    Went from popcorn to pita chips and hommus, carrots, and apples

Drinks
    Went from Sodas and high sugar fruit drinks to pomegranate and mineral water mocktails, mineral water, sparkling lemonade, and vitamin water

Lunch
    Really minor changes, but my sandwich of choice now is smoked turkey, smoked gouda, bacon (hey, everyone has their weekness), romaine lettuce, and dijon horseradish on wheat/whole grain

Dinner
    Wasn`t terrible in this department, I eat a lot of Subway (loaded with veggies), Quiznos, pasta with Rao`s sauce *yum*, chicken, salmon, etc

Cocktails
    Went from Ketel One and Dr. Pepper to Ketel One Apple Martini`s (eat entire apple with it), Pomtini`s, and sparkling lemonade with Ketel One.

Overall, I feel better. I have more energy and have less worries about my waistline catching up with me.

How is everyone else doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 weeks in, how are your resolutions going?

I haven`t been able to keep one in years so I gave up on them.

Glad to hear that you are still doing well on yours, now the thing is will you still be doing that in July

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

I am doing fine with mine. I made a resolution not to make any resolutions, so I am all set. Why mess with perfection?!?! Haha!!
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoot, I forgot to make them. Is it too late?
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

I didn`t make a New Years resolution. Instead, back in October when my gf of 2.5 years broke up with me, I told myself I needed to move on and do things for myself, to make ME happy. Back then, I was just starting to look for a career and was getting down on myself because I couldn`t find anything (3 months later, I`m still in the process). Also, when I got dropped by the gf, It told myself I was going to lose some weight and get in shape. I started "training" in November and as of today, I am 24 pounds lighter, building muscle and in shape for the most part. I am going to the gym6 days a week to lift and do cardio on the elliptical. I usually ride my bike to the gym and back. I`m doing this for myself so I can feel better and in case I decide to go into the police academy, but I`m also going on a cruise in March and I don`t want to feel like a beached whale on the cruise. I want to have confidence, hopefully meet a few women and have a great time since its all FREE!!! I started out at 258 and I am now at 234. I want to be at 210 by the time I go on the cruise March 12th.....I think its possible! I cut back big time on my food intake and as soon as I feel full, I quit. I feel great and all my clothes are becoming baggier on me

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to start loosing weight and working out in Sept... I changed my diet dropped the drinking to 1/3 and have lost 32 pounds to date....After the first I stepped on the workouts and the diet...I feel like a million bucks in comparison to how I felt....I call it a life style change.... come spring I plan to go back to racing bicycles again, something that I have not done in 10 years
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Basically, we got our eating back on track. A new Gold`s Gym is opening down the street from us in a month or so and we joined. We are using the small "Preview Center" they have until then.

Working from home full-time allows me to make better and healthier dinners. I`m even quite surprised at how well I`m eating since I have the will power of Homer athe Duff Brewery.

Breakfast usually consists of a smoothie. They contain skim milk, frozen berries, whey protein, ground flax seeds, fat-free yogurt and natural peanut butter. I sometimes have a bowl of grits (I`m trying to blend in down here) or oatmeal for fiber as well.

My snacks usually include a handful of almods and a smal glass of V-8.

Lunch is leftovers or a whole wheat wrap, sandwich or salad.

Dinner is whatever I feel like making. Tonight is blackened catfish with a Mango Pico de Gallo over a bed of spinach. I`m also making scallops. Tomorrow night will be grilled turkey breast with brocolli and sweet potatoes.

So far, so good. Not perfect, but we`re holding our own.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

I made a resolution to intensify my workout schedule to bulk up and get into better shape. As of now I weigh 170, bench 260, squat 375, and clean 225. I want to weigh at least 200, bench at least 300, squat 450 or so, and clean 250 by the summer. Cardio is not my forte, so my goal is 2 miles of running every other time I work out. I am going to the gym before school, lifting 2 days per week during school, and I try to make it to the gym at least 3 nights a week. Since I enrolled in a new school this semester, I no longer have daily weight training, so I have to keep up. I feel this new responsibility I`ve taken upon myself will not only improve my physical fitness, but my well being as well.
    2004 Silver Dodge Ram QuadCab
    Yeah, it`s got a Hemi.

Post Thanks / Like

I still cuss like a sailor and haven`t gained any weight, so just like the last 4 years at least I`m consistent.
    These views on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated gibberish and in no way should be used to judge my IQ or mental state.

Post Thanks / Like

ive gave up fast food altogether and turned to lean cuisines. I also only drink water or crystal light (5 calories per drink). I also have been working out about 3 days per week, cardio and weights . I have lost close to 15 pounds since the beginning of january. I have noticed that i have a lot more energy, espically in the morning and the details i do seem to be a lot easier. so my resolution is on the right track

porkanbeans: 260 is a great bench for someone who only weighs 170, good luck getting it up to 300; i also want to increase my bench. I weight about 150 and my max is prob aroun 180-185 on a good day,i want to break 200

Post Thanks / Like

Joe`s Detail: Good to hear its going well for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porkanbeans
    I made a resolution to intensify my workout schedule to bulk up and get into better shape. As of now I weigh 170, bench 260, squat 375, and clean 225. I want to weigh at least 200, bench at least 300, squat 450 or so, and clean 250 by the summer. Cardio is not my forte, so my goal is 2 miles of running every other time I work out. I am going to the gym before school, lifting 2 days per week during school, and I try to make it to the gym at least 3 nights a week. Since I enrolled in a new school this semester, I no longer have daily weight training, so I have to keep up. I feel this new responsibility I`ve taken upon myself will not only improve my physical fitness, but my well being as well.

I`ve got 20 pounds I willing to give up :eat:

I can`t bench 260 my workout weight is 170 and I`ve had to work up to that...also I`m not working on bulk I`m strength training
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Just had to say I love reading about all your diets and workouts I use to work out 7 days a week and even owned a gyn for 6 years so I can relate. Keep up the good work gang and if you have any questions on diet or workout I`m sure I can answer them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen22
    Just had to say I love reading about all your diets and workouts I use to work out 7 days a week and even owned a gyn for 6 years so I can relate. Keep up the good work gang and if you have any questions on diet or workout I`m sure I can answer them.

Good to know. Thanks Glen.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d like to get into a more solid routine of exercise. We had a weight loss contest at work the last couple months of the year. I weighed in at 176.5 lbs and weighed out at 173 lbs two months later. I just don`t think I`m meant to weigh less than that. I`m 6`2" and I don`t think weighing what I weigh is a crime. My resolution every year is to not turn into a blob. So everytime I see the scale tipping the wrong way into the 180s I start evaluating my diet. For the weight loss thing I cut way down on my soda intake. That probably helped. I`m down to maybe 24 ounces a day. I`ve also made a goal to spend less time on the computer and more time doing other things. So far that isn`t going so great since I started doing more graphic work. We`ll see how things go this spring when detailing season starts up again.

Overall I think I`m doing well on my goals. Well... other than the fact that I`m sitting on the computer eating Twizzlers and drinking Coke. Crap... maybe next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information