Post Thanks / Like

Winter is back...

.. Winter weather advisory in effect from 2 pm this afternoon to 1 am est saturday... The national weather service in state college has issued a winter weather advisory for snow... Which is in effect from 2 pm this afternoon to 1 am est saturday. * locations... The laurel highlands... Especially the west-facing slopes and elevations above 2100 feet. * hazard types... Heavy snow. * snow accumulations... Totals of 4 to 10 inches with the highest amounts over the highest elevations. * timing... Snow will begin later this morning and become more steady and heavier tonight. The snow will continue at varying intensities through at least friday night. * impacts... Slowed travel due to snow covered roads. Wind gusts into the 30s today and 20s tonight and friday will lead to blowing snow... And reduced visibility. * winds... West 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph today and 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph tonight and friday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... The pennsylvania department of transportation reminds motorists to adjust speeds based on driving conditions and to take it slow in ice and snow.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter is back...

Crap...

Hope we don`t end up getting that in Connecticut.

Any minute now Ron should be posting the weather forecast for Fl so we can all envy him up here in the North East...

Post Thanks / Like

The drive to work could be taxing the next 2 days...
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I personally love driving in the snow. It`s the freezing rain I hate. We had freezing rain followed with about 4-6 inches of snow fall and everyone was driving fairly normal (winter tires are mandatory by law in Quebec). Right now we got another few inches coming down, looking forward to drifting at the race track again this weekend.

I just hate cleaning the snow off my car. I cheat by just doing the windshield and side windows (with my gloves or a snow brush) then I drive to a touch less wash and let that machine do the work (the touch-less wash is like 60-100 yards from where I park at work).
    Likes Dr Sparkle liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it...on the plus site, don`t have to worry about any UV/sunscreen issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I`m gonna show my southern ignorance here, but if you clean off the windows, isn`t that enough? Oviously you wouldn`t want 4` of snow on your roof or hood, but getting it good enough to see is fine....right?

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    I personally love driving in the snow. It`s the freezing rain I hate. We had freezing rain followed with about 4-6 inches of snow fall and everyone was driving fairly normal (winter tires are mandatory by law in Quebec). Right now we got another few inches coming down, looking forward to drifting at the race track again this weekend.

I just hate cleaning the snow off my car. I cheat by just doing the windshield and side windows (with my gloves or a snow brush) then I drive to a touch less wash and let that machine do the work (the touch-less wash is like 60-100 yards from where I park at work).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    I`m gonna show my southern ignorance here, but if you clean off the windows, isn`t that enough? Oviously you wouldn`t want 4` of snow on your roof or hood, but getting it good enough to see is fine....right?
    No it’s not. How would you like it if you’re minding your own business driving down the freeway and a sheet of ice suddenly starts flying into your windshield just because the drivee up front was not courteous enough to get his vehicle clean enough….
    Likes nickclark08, DAC17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    Crap...

Hope we don`t end up getting that in Connecticut.

Any minute now Ron should be posting the weather forecast for Fl so we can all envy him up here in the North East...

How about this instead?

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, good point. Didn`t think about that, as I`ve never driven or spent much time in snow. Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    No it’s not. How would you like it if you’re minding your own business driving down the freeway and a sheet of ice suddenly starts flying into your windshield just because the drivee up front was not courteous enough to get his vehicle clean enough….

Thread Information