Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love those

Florida State Seminoles. That is a division one offense? Oh yeah the Canes looked good too! Hey Fuzz I hope you`re smoother than the Florida State`s quarterback and kicker.
    The big game is tonight and Southern Cal will win!
    Enjoy the game everyone!
    "I`m staying out of it."

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gotta love those

While you are on the subject of bowl games.
    The officiating in the Outback Bowl had to be the most inept crew of college officials I have ever watched.
    Chances are the outcome would have been the same, but they really blew some calls. (I`m an Iowa fan, but I`m not sure they really deserved a bowl game. 28 bowls seems like way too many to have that many deserving teams)
    Florida earned the win, but the officials certainly could have done a better job.

I understand the Alamo Bowl had a crew that was equally incompetent. Is it that much more difficult in a bowl game or do the officials think they have to be on camera regularly?
    They should let the participants decide the games, not the officials.

Charles

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rabbi
    Oh yeah the Canes looked good too!
    Rabbi, if you continue to make fun of my alma matter I don`t know if we can be friends anymore. :no:
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    While you are on the subject of bowl games.
    The officiating in the Outback Bowl had to be the most inept crew of college officials I have ever watched.
    Chances are the outcome would have been the same, but they really blew some calls. (I`m an Iowa fan, but I`m not sure they really deserved a bowl game. 28 bowls seems like way too many to have that many deserving teams)
    Florida earned the win, but the officials certainly could have done a better job.

I understand the Alamo Bowl had a crew that was equally incompetent. Is it that much more difficult in a bowl game or do the officials think they have to be on camera regularly?
    They should let the participants decide the games, not the officials.
    You want to see some really bad officiating? I`m still angry about the pass interference call that gave Ohio State the national championship in the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago. Single worst call in college football history. No flag & the `canes are back to back champions.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    You want to see some really bad officiating?
    Nope.
    I want to see some really good officating.
    Actually, most of the time they do a pretty good job. The instant replay most often will not show the officials made a bad call. Not just the instant replay that is used to determine the outcome of a call, but even when the announcers rerun the play a dozen times to try to show where the call was missed.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone from Conn or a UConn basketball fan? Any Marquette fans? If so, how `bout Marquette beating the crap out of the #2 UConn Huskies last night? Marquette`s starting point guard (freshman Dominic James) is from my home town and I`ve been following them all season.

The powerhouse from Conn was totally out gunned, out rebounded, out hustled, and everything else by an exceptionally younger and less deep Marquette team. I`m sure they really are not better than UConn, but if you love to follow good basketball, it might be worth keeping an eye on Marquette this season.

Rabbi - Being a Cincinnatian, do you follow UC basketball (I won`t since they canned Huggins)? Marquette hosts UC this Saturday and it`s being televised.

BTW - ESPN is running a special and until Jan 8th you can watch their LIVE internet-streamed college basketball games for free.
    * 17 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 - Granite Metallic
    * 06 Honda Civic LX - Royal Blue Pearl

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought last night`s game was exciting...three overtime periods and all. I didn`t have a favorite in the game, but two legendary programs was good enough to draw my attention.

As far as a good football game, though with a bad outcome, the Cotton Bowl with Alabama and TT was a good defensive football game. Too bad the Cotton Bowl has played such a poor host to TT (0-3).

And as for tonight`s game....Hook `em Horns!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    And as for tonight`s game....Hook `em Horns!
    I hope Texas wins tonight. I am so tired of hearing about USC.
    Nope.
    I want to see some really good officating.
    Actually, most of the time they do a pretty good job. The instant replay most often will not show the officials made a bad call. Not just the instant replay that is used to determine the outcome of a call, but even when the announcers rerun the play a dozen times to try to show where the call was missed.
    The call I mentioned was awful. I saw it was awful during the full speed shot of the play and then in the multiple, multiple slow motion replays it looked like an even worse call. Even the announcers were like "that was the worst call I`ve ever seen." IMO the refs should NOT be deciding the winner of the national championship game like that.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    IMO the refs should NOT be deciding the winner of the national championship game like that.
    They shouldn`t decide the winner of any game, even a pickup game at the Y.
    I can only sypathize with you about the national chanpionship thing. Being a fan of Iowa, Iowa State, and Drake, national championships aren`t usually something I can get too excited about. :down:

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

They shouldn`t decide the winner of any game, even a pickup game at the Y.
    I can only sypathize with you about the national chanpionship thing. Being a fan of Iowa, Iowa State, and Drake, national championships aren`t usually something I can get too excited about. :down:

Charles
    Iowa, Iowa State? Them`s excellent wrestling schools and have won lots of national championships, haven`t they?

You should also feel lucky to have one of the finer basketball coaches in Steve Alford (he and Bobby Knight don`t get along, so I like Steve).
    * 17 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 - Granite Metallic
    * 06 Honda Civic LX - Royal Blue Pearl

Post Thanks / Like

CharlesW, Iowa was blessed to have one of my favorite coaches and IMO a truly great coach (top 10 most winningest college coach) as well as a fine HS QB which led his team to win the State championship...Hayden Fry! For those 20 years he coached the Hawkeyes, ya`ll didn`t have too bad a run, a couple of Big 10 championships and an almost Heisman Trophy winner (Chuck Long) IIRC.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW
    Iowa, Iowa State? Them`s excellent wrestling schools and have won lots of national championships, haven`t they?
    In the past, yes. In recent years, unfortunately, no.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW
    You should also feel lucky to have one of the finer basketball coaches in Steve Alford (he and Bobby Knight don`t get along, so I like Steve).
    While I think Alford is a class act, he and Bobby are no longer feuding. Hey, can`t have everything. Both Iowa and Iowa State show signs of some competitiveness at times, but they still consider themselves lucky to make the NCAA tournament. When they get the fire in their belly that makes them mad if they don`t make the final four, then we may have something going.
    Even so, I would rather lose with any coach if the only way I could win was with Mr. Knight.
    At Drake, we even celebrate a winning season. Or at least did when we had one.

Charles

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
    CharlesW, Iowa was blessed to have one of my favorite coaches and IMO a truly great coach (top 10 most winningest college coach) as well as a fine HS QB which led his team to win the State championship...Hayden Fry! For those 20 years he coached the Hawkeyes, ya`ll didn`t have too bad a run, a couple of Big 10 championships and an almost Heisman Trophy winner (Chuck Long) IIRC.
    Hayden did a great job for Iowa, but still no national championship. Of course when you take over a program that was 0-12 one season, you have a pretty steep hill to climb. What was anazing that even during those down years, they put 50,000+ fans in the stands each week.
    IMO, Ferentz is another class act, but just can`t quite seem to get over that number 1 hurdle.
    Hey, I still love `em all. I even had season tickets for 30 years of Drakes ups & downs including 2 win and 4 win basketball seasons a few years back.
    Kind of like a Cubs fan, I never learn.

Charles

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike is there any talk of firing Coker? I know he fired most if not all his staff!
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rabbi
    Hey Mike is there any talk of firing Coker? I know he fired most if not all his staff!
    I haven`t heard anything yet, but I did see on the ESPN sports ticker about how he fired all those coaches. I`ll have to check with some of my friends who still live in Miami to see what the newspapers are saying about Coker.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to the NCAA Division 1 National Champion

TEXAS LONGHORNS

What an exciting game! I wonder who the Heisman voters would consider to be the best collegiate player to be after that game?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information