Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BIG Reveal!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been developing my invention for about 6 months now and finally I have filed for a patent. My invention finally has “patent pending” status! I am extremely excited about my new adventure in the world of marketing a product. The website is currently in the works and I have found a connection that can mass produce the product.

Without further ado, I present to you… Tuck Away Tunes!

This is my answer to the dangers of wearing headphones when you are riding a bicycle, running, or doing any other outdoor physical activity where you will be around any type of traffic or unsafe environment. My invention allows you to safely listen to audio and still be completely aware of your surroundings. There are many angles I will reach out to with this product, but it was specially developed so that I would have a way to listen to music while out on long distance cycling trips.

What is it?

An upper body garment with an integrated, yet removable wiring system on the interior of the garment, with two (2) removable speakers tucked in pockets, one on each shoulder, with a water resistant pocket on the front of the garment on either side to house a portable audio device.

There will be several variations of Tuck Away Tunes, but the first will be a high quality moisture wicking t-shirt to test out the market. If demand is good on the t-shirt there will be a cycling jersey in the works. Following that we will release a wind breaking jacket. In addition to manufacturing and selling our own garments we will also offer for you to ship your garments to us for us to sew in the speaker system wiring harness and water resistant pocket. You will eventually be able to purchase your choice of a number of different color garments, but initially we will offer the “kit” (shirt and speaker system) in one color. At this point I am leaning towards Hi Visibility Yellow. Since this is a new product I am looking for your input. Feel free to comment or ask questions.

Thank you for reading. Stay tuned for updates. The website Untitled Document will be up and running very soon.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds interesting. Hope it can handle a plethora of sweat when I ride my bike.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

The wiring is very well insulated and all of the harness is moisture wicking material like the shirt itself. The speakers are weather proof too.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    to the top
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    How are the sound quality on the speakers? I pretty much wont listen to anything that does not at least sound "decent".
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Do the speakers have built-in amplification ? If so, do they power themselves just from the mobile device (iPod, BB, whatever), or do they also have their own separate power source ?
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    How are the sound quality on the speakers? I pretty much wont listen to anything that does not at least sound "decent".

First, let me say that ultra high quality sound is NOT what this product is designed for nor what it will be marketed as.

With that said, the sound quality is decent. I have been testing it with a second generation ipod nano. All it took was a couple of tweeks of the equilizer and the sound was much better than when I first plugged it in.

It will be powered by whatever device you plug the speakers into. There will be plenty of power for you to hear the sound very well as the speakers are very close you your ears. The higher the output voltage on the battery of the audio device the more volume you will get from the speakers.

I have also tested a bit with my Philips Go Gear Vibe 4gb mp3 player with good volume and decent sound.

Safety is the first goal of this product and entertainment is second.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a jacket probably 15 years ago that had speakers in the collar. When the collar was turned up, the speakers were near your ears. I dont remember much of that jacket because i was too young.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reminds me of the Bone Fone ... people used to wear these cycling, skiing, etc. back in the 80`s.

Bone Fone

Post Thanks / Like
    My opinion=

This actually might sell well if you put a win-loose guarantee into place. I`m an 18 year old male who`s very much into running, skiing, longboarding and listen to music while doing all these sports. I wouldn`t even think of buying your product if you didn`t have a win-loose guarantee in place. If you don`t know what I`m talking about, read all the books you can by Jay Abraham. It`s basically "If your not satisfied with this product...return and get 130%(made up percentage) of your money back."

If your product is actually "good"....then returns will increase maybe 3% while sales increase 400-500%.

Ofcourse these percentages are made up in my head...but the scaling of them is what matters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MaksimumAuto
    My opinion=

This actually might sell well if you put a win-loose guarantee into place. I`m an 18 year old male who`s very much into running, skiing, longboarding and listen to music while doing all these sports. I wouldn`t even think of buying your product if you didn`t have a win-loose guarantee in place. If you don`t know what I`m talking about, read all the books you can by Jay Abraham. It`s basically "If your not satisfied with this product...return and get 130%(made up percentage) of your money back."

If your product is actually "good"....then returns will increase maybe 3% while sales increase 400-500%.

Ofcourse these percentages are made up in my head...but the scaling of them is what matters.

Thats a thought. I do appreciate it. Sounds pretty risky though.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Premium
    First, let me say that ultra high quality sound is NOT what this product is designed for nor what it will be marketed as.

With that said, the sound quality is decent. I have been testing it with a second generation ipod nano. All it took was a couple of tweeks of the equilizer and the sound was much better than when I first plugged it in.

It will be powered by whatever device you plug the speakers into. There will be plenty of power for you to hear the sound very well as the speakers are very close you your ears. The higher the output voltage on the battery of the audio device the more volume you will get from the speakers.

I have also tested a bit with my Philips Go Gear Vibe 4gb mp3 player with good volume and decent sound.

Safety is the first goal of this product and entertainment is second.

Cool, sounds like a good idea. I look forward to seeing the actual product.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Premium
    Thats a thought. I do appreciate it. Sounds pretty risky though.
    +1, I don`t think you need more than a 100% money-back guarantee. Do some sample surveys and beta-testing of the product with random consumer groups. That will give you an idea on what public perception is on your invention.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t believe in that at all. I will do as much R&D as possible and then put it up for sale. It is pretty cut and dry, either you like the idea or you don`t buy it. I have a feeling it will work out and sell.

I designed this out of necessity so I know there is a market for it. It may not be for everyone, but those it is for will really love it.

My current business was built on customer service and I have no plans to operate this one any different.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    At this point, I have done more testing, been to several meetings, and have a positive attitude for the weeks ahead.

Things are moving along, slowly, but surely!

I have a company that is engineering speakers for this specific application. This is very exciting as the speakers for this product will not be just some random speakers stuck in to make due, but speakers specifically designed for this application.

I had a looooong meeting yesterday with a company that will be doing all of the harness integration. Having them do the work seems very promising,

I will keep you all up to date as I receive information.

Thanks for looking.
    Premium Custom Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information