Post Thanks / Like
    Autopia Members:

We are proud to announce that 3D International has purchased Autopia. Since, the site’s inception, DavidB worked hard to create a forum for car enthusiasts worldwide. We are excited to continue the site, and Autopia LLC will function as a separate entity with its own goals and views.

Autopia is a fair and unbiased place for auto detailing professionals and enthusiasts to discuss all topics concerning car care. We do not wish to change what makes Autopia a great place for making friends, trading expertise and sharing knowledge.

We appreciate all the work the Moderators have put into the forums and we pledge to keep Autopia the same unbiased, pleasant environment that users have come to enjoy. We will continue to defer to and use the Moderator’s best judgment regarding standards for conduct on the site.

The rules for the site will remain the same. Members are free to discuss any car care product including 3D and competitors. We believe in respectful free speech and we welcome you to leave your comments, both good and bad.

We are excited to be able to continue to provide a home on the web for car care enthusiasts. If you have any concerns about the Autopia forums please contact us at customerservice@autopia.org and we will be glad to respond to any questions.

Thank you for you time, and the opportunity to take Autopia into the next decade.

Sincerely,

Autopia, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully things stay on track...

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on your new venture and good luck into the future.

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck to everyone involved.

Post Thanks / Like
    When recommending a product a couple months back a 3D employee pm`d me and suggested that I try their products instead. Will stuff like this stop?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will the admin and moderators attempt to welcome back former members who were banned under suspicious circumstances under the last regime?

I hope 3D can restore the reputation that this forum has lost over the last few years. I`m not sure how a site owned by one company can have open discussion about other products. Hopefully, this site will take on less of a commercial look and focus more on detailing than product hype.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is their plan, hence why Autopia is still Autopia and not 3D Forums. I`m excited for the coming weeks / months to see how this plays out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    When recommending a product a couple months back a 3D employee pm`d me and suggested that I try their products instead. Will stuff like this stop?

Funny that happened to you of all people.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW i know this is a little older post but i searched an the info. lead me here as i did not know who owned an now i do. so far site seems to be running smooth i would say that is a good thing but i do wonder why DB sold it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted007
    WOW i know this is a little older post but i searched an the info. lead me here as i did not know who owned an now i do. so far site seems to be running smooth i would say that is a good thing but i do wonder why DB sold it.

i`m sure there are more reasons than we will ever know, but here is a brief statement from him on his website...

In 2010 I’m getting back to my roots as a technologist, writer, educator and consultant. In 1999 I took a slight diversion with my entry into the world of e-commerce and product development in the car care market. Although cars are my passion, I discovered that car care was not. So, in 2010 I’m putting myself through an intellectual reboot.

I can’t complain about the diversion into car care product development. In fact, quite the opposite. What I learned about developing and launching products on the web, Internet marketing, social media, and building Internet communities could (and will) fill a stack of books.

My intellectual reboot will take me back to the work I am most passionate about, which includes technology, marketing, web development, and new media. As I have done in the past, I will explore all of these areas as a practitioner, writer and consultant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted007

financial .. needed money..

Post Thanks / Like
    wow bigal sounds like a bunch of ya know what trh i think that is part of it lol you think he would have atleast come on an said something wow just wow.

Thread Information