Post Thanks / Like
    For some reason I have been obsessed with them lately and wish I had one for myself. In particular a 1983 300D, why? Im not exactly sure, it looks amazing and I love the style, I do wish it was manual though. Something about the old Mercs scream style and luxury to me, anyone else feel this way?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the old two doors, especially the diesels. Lots of style for that era.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I`m a *huge* fan of the W126 coupes and sedans, but I gotta have a `86-`91 because I need the telescoping steering wheel. Accumulatorette and I drove 560 SECs before we switched to Audis.

Those things are really solid, and IMO they`re the last of the classic Benzes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like them, I bought one, but another deal came around so I tried to sell mine...no-one was interested so I gave it to my parents.

It`s a 1974 280C, cool car, lots of style and room inside for a coupe:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I myself love the 1969 - 1971 280 SL . I think that its one of the sharpest cars on 4 wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JMURiz
    I like them, I bought one, but another deal came around so I tried to sell mine...no-one was interested so I gave it to my parents.

It`s a 1974 280C, cool car, lots of style and room inside for a coupe:

very nice looking car!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JMURiz

I`m envious of you folks who can deal with the ergonomics (as in, steering wheel postion) on those earlier cars!

Cool move, giving it to your parents :xyxthumbs

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had that itch lately as well, and it`s seriously got me considering some sort of ridiculous frankenstein build of an 86 560SEL with LSX swap. But everything from the late 80s AMG Hammer and 190E; to more vintage models like the late 70s SL class has been turning my head and especially this 1971 280SE I got to work on. All of the pre-80s Mercedes have a very stately road presence in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EcoAutoCT
    I`ve had that itch lately as well, and it`s seriously got me considering some sort of ridiculous frankenstein build of an 86 560SEL with LSX swap...

Heh heh, hope you`re on really good terms with a good Benz wrench who`s a genius with electronics I was tempted to have a SWB W126 tweaked, but after researching it I chickened out. But I bet Hatch & Son (Sons?) could pull it off if you wrote a big enough check. Even just getting a limited slip diff installed is a bit of a challenge, even though it *sounds* like a no-brainer.

I`m utterly sold on the SWB cars, they just do something for me that the SEL doesn`t. I liked my mechanic`s (very slow, very used, very trashed 250K mile) 300SE so much that I kept it for nearly six months!

...[check out]..this 1971 280SE I got to work on...

Oooh, that`s nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I`m a *huge* fan of the W126 coupes and sedans, but I gotta have a `86-`91 because I need the telescoping steering wheel. Accumulatorette and I drove 560 SECs before we switched to Audis.

Those things are really solid, and IMO they`re the last of the classic Benzes.

Clean examples are getting harder to find these days. I know of a 12k 1991 560 SEC (Blk/blk), owned locally by me. I have already expressed interest to the owner, and expect he`ll be asking top dollar when and if he ever decides to sell. Hopefully I am in a position to make a run at her. Love the 86-91 SEC and have own 2 of them over the past 10 years.
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Clean Dean- Hey buddy, thought I might see you on this thread

That last-year coupe would be a great acquisition!

Thread Information