Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Len_A- Heh heh, don`t drop those PowerBlock BDs when you have a lot of weight on `em...guess how I know Other than the fragility I simply loved `em for certain movements (which, unfortunately, included incline presses). Their custmer-service guy (Lance, IIRC) was really nice about replacing them a few times, but it got to where I was embarrassed to ask him again.

I haven`t used my (inherited) BowFlex for ages, but I do like it for certain shoulder movements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Len_A- Heh heh, don`t drop those PowerBlock BDs when you have a lot of weight on `em...guess how I know Other than the fragility I simply loved `em for certain movements (which, unfortunately, included incline presses). Their custmer-service guy (Lance, IIRC) was really nice about replacing them a few times, but it got to where I was embarrassed to ask him again.

I haven`t used my (inherited) BowFlex for ages, but I do like it for certain shoulder movements.
    I love my Bowflex Ultimate - I`m able to do a lot of gym type exercises, including preacher curls and squats, without a spotter. If I feel I`ve max`ed out the power rods, I`ve been able to rig strength bands from my Bodylastics set (forgot to list them in my previous post) to increase resistance. Is it the same as real iron? No, but there`s no arguing that it works.

I`ve come close to dropping my PowerBlocks on my feet - way more than once!! LOL! Lucky I haven`t lost a digit or two...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Len_A
    I love my Bowflex Ultimate - I`m able to do ...squats, without a spotter.

I use these for that: Pillars of Power spotter racks for bench, squat - IronMind-Ironmind Enterprises

Is it the same as real iron? No, but there`s no arguing that it works.

There are some cases where the progressive resistance curve is arguably *better* than iron, and others where it`s not.

I`ve come close to dropping my PowerBlocks on my feet - way more than once!! LOL! Lucky I haven`t lost a digit or two...

At least IME they don`t bounce/roll as readily as round-weight dbs. I`ve had my "pro-style" dbs bounce quite a ways, with predictable consequences on all sorts of stuff (but fortunately not me).

Post Thanks / Like
    I use these for that: Pillars of Power spotter racks for bench, squat - IronMind-Ironmind Enterprises

There are some cases where the progressive resistance curve is arguably *better* than iron, and others where it`s not.

At least IME they don`t bounce/roll as readily as round-weight dbs. I`ve had my "pro-style" dbs bounce quite a ways, with predictable consequences on all sorts of stuff (but fortunately not me).
    I`m pretty satisfied with my equipment. I`ve been able to keep adding variety in my workouts. I think it`s been a big factor in my success so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Len_A- Yeah, the variety is *VERY* beneficial! Having the right equipment *for you* is just so important.

Post Thanks / Like
    Len_A- Yeah, the variety is *VERY* beneficial! Having the right equipment *for you* is just so important.
    Yea, not doing the same set of workouts week after week, this time around, is, I believe, one of the reasons I`m having the success I`m having in getting back in shape. As I`ve gotten older, I`ve finally got it through my thick skull that I don`t know everything, and that I should listen to some advise, and be more open minded about other workout approaches.

Post Thanks / Like
    archebald23- This thread has become soooo long that I dunno if anybody could ever find any worthwhile advice in it any more! There is/was another similar thread too, but again, once it gets many pages long it`s hard to make good use of it.

But yeah, there are a few of us here how have been very serious about exercise/etc. for many years, and have learned a little bit along the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Coming up on 600 miles since I started back riding on June 14th.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see, I ride hard and I sweat a lot! Yes, all that is salt stains, my gloves and jersey were just as bad.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m familiar with THAT, scott. Got me some Hammer Endurolytes to replenish. Plus, they`re a great hangover cure

Nothing like wiping crystalized sweat off your face!

Hey, that gives me an idea. I shouldn`t wipe the sweat off when I`m detailing. A new crystalline coating for the paint! :tongue2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I went through my two bottles pretty fast, spent the rest of the time filling them with lukewarm water from the park fountain.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    e started going to a chiropractor who recommended another doctor that specializes in weight loss. Each time we visit this doctor, he would give us vitamin shots to speed up our metabolism (B12 and a multi-vitamin). However, before we started this, I decided to pick this up:

Post Thanks / Like
    Miles are really piling up now, got back on my bike June 14th, as of today, July 13th, I`ve ridden 755 miles.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax- You got a specific goal in mind?

Post Thanks / Like
    6000 miles this year, want to drop another 10-15 pounds. I am at around 15,000 total miles since I started back riding in January 2007, want to get 100k miles total before I am 65. That gives me 15 years to ride 85,000 miles.
    www.scottwax.com

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread Information