Thread: Vinyl Graphics

Post Thanks / Like
    I was kicking around the idea of getting into adding vinyl graphics and vinyl body wraps as an added option. I made plenty of phone calls on this to many different companies and did alot of research; and it seems the way to go is with a thermal printer/cutter that is at least 60" wide. The problem I have is that although I don`t think full body wraps will are hugely in demand, general lettering/striping would be. Examples of such are company vehicle`s, police/fire/ambulance vehicles, etc. The other problem is that most printers/cutters of this type and magnitude run around $15,000-$20,000. I was wondering if anyone offers this as an option, and if it is lucritive enough to add this option?
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street5927
    I was kicking around the idea of getting into adding vinyl graphics and vinyl body wraps as an added option. I made plenty of phone calls on this to many different companies and did alot of research; and it seems the way to go is with a thermal printer/cutter that is at least 60" wide. The problem I have is that although I don`t think full body wraps will are hugely in demand, general lettering/striping would be. Examples of such are company vehicle`s, police/fire/ambulance vehicles, etc. The other problem is that most printers/cutters of this type and magnitude run around $15,000-$20,000. I was wondering if anyone offers this as an option, and if it is lucritive enough to add this option?

I have a friend that does this on the side. He inherited the cutter so he was lucky you could say. He has a lot of software also. He makes decent money off it but nothing to write home about. He charges half of what his competitors charge just to get business. Still makes money but not as much as he could. Market is saturated and when you are late to the game, its hard to break down doors and steal business away from the big shops. Graphics companies litter the market as it is a very easy business to get up and running and doesn`t require a whole lot of brains to do. Not knocking them guys but its not that hard.

Look at your market and see how many shops are around.

Another suggestion is to offer it as a service and sub contract it out.

Thread Information