Post Thanks / Like
    Who out there currently has XM satellite radio ? we got a 3 month free subscription when we purchased our new Honda. figured I would try it out for a year and went online to renew as per their instructions in a flyer they sent us. that was on 8-25-08 . the online transaction went though but said our subscription would need to run out before I would see an update. our radio worked until this morning. checked our account online and it says free promo expired. well even though I am at work I called and talked to some guy ( very bad english btw ) and he said he would send a activation signal and to leave the unit powered up on channel 1 for 15 or 20 minutes, so I go and do this on my break. well still no luck, right before I came back I trying scrolling through channels as they suggested and I am still in preview mode. it looks like I wasted my break sitting in the car for nothing. guess what I am getting at is this is not the start I am looking for dealing with them, very sad if you ask me. is this typical in dealing with XM ? the CRV has a 6 disc cd changer, Am/ Fm radio and a port to plug in my Mp3 player.I tried the online signal sending link and waited for over 30 minutes and no change, still no service. I ended up calling back to see what the deal was and they tell me that when I signed up online it did register as they have no record of my plan. funny thing is they have my credit card number as I put it in to select a plan. told the girl that this was very poor service and got nothing but silence. she sounded like she was from the Phillipines ( sp ? ) told the girl to let management know they had a sale and they need to take care of the future customers batter , again dead air LOL ! told her my sale in the bag for at least a year and they did not offer anything except to sign me up for full price, plus an activation fee among other things , pulllllleaze ! how much do you want to bet that I will see a charge on the credit card. man what a waste of a day with this company. they must be doing well as they can p*** off prospective customers and turn them away like they are not needed. glad the people who have it like it but this was a real cluster ***k for me. well looks like I am back to cds and will have to fill up my MP3 player. great concept they have but their service and online support is the worst I have ever dealt with. so anybody out there getting a free three month trial , beware that they may try to pull this stunt on you. what i find real unusual is that the radio worked for a few days after the trial period was over and they all of a sudden need to charge me for all of the extra fees, what a crock of BS. suppose this company is doing so well they do not need new customers, not like the rest of the business world apparently

Post Thanks / Like
    They`ve gotten into trouble a few times for charging people`s CCs after the people had cancelled their service. I`ve also heard of people going for years with free sirius/xm after only having paid for a few months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XRL
    They`ve gotten into trouble a few times for charging people`s CCs after the people had cancelled their service. I`ve also heard of people going for years with free sirius/xm after only having paid for a few months.

Yes, I had heard of people getting billed even though they terminated the service. I will be watching closely to make sure there are not charges on the credit card. guess what really bothers me is that the economy is still not good and companies treat customers like dirt .... ummm not a very good business practice in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did the same with me in my truck, Had to reactivate the signal, after that it worked, they sent me a notice of cancellation in the mail telling me it would be canceled in a month, I decided not to respond because $12 a month is a lot of money in the long run, the charged my credit card with the next months subscription fees without my acknowledge, they need to work on some of this,
    United States Air Force

Missile Maintenance Technician

Barksdale AFB

2005 SS Silverado

2011 Honda Fury

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DetailnByDustn
    Did the same with me in my truck, Had to reactivate the signal, after that it worked, they sent me a notice of cancellation in the mail telling me it would be canceled in a month, I decided not to respond because $12 a month is a lot of money in the long run, the charged my credit card with the next months subscription fees without my acknowledge, they need to work on some of this,

Wow sorry to hear what they did to you. as you said they really need to get their act together. looks like the old motto of you get what you pay for does not apply to XM. their motto seems to be pay us and we will give you nothing :furious: wanted to post this as I do not want them to pull any crap on the members here. maybe if we get the word out and people drop off they will understand how important customer service really is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Their support just plain sucks, to be honest. I was an early adopter of Sirius, and had no major problems with them. My last DD was an Accord EX-L which also had XM. I kept it activated after the trial, but deactivating it after the lease expired on the car was obnoxious.

They had charged me for a full additional year about 3 months before the lease was up.

It took several phone calls, hours of waiting on hold, and many reiterated conversations before someone could refund me that year`s subscription payment.

Thread Information