Post Thanks / Like
    So, you know, I need a vehicle for a fairly purposeful reason, a reason that has reason, has explanation, has budget, and has purpose. Did I mention any of those already? Oh well.

You see, this reason was to haul tools, equipment, you know, things that can make you money. Things that I would be doing for work!

I find said vehicle. I actually like said vehicle. I start to really like said vehicle for said reasons at beginning.

Now, paying off said vehicle with little money is hard. But I can do it because said vehicle will hold all equipment and tools I am using to pay off said vehicle with!

Along comes my peripheral vision. Welcome to this decision that I didn`t know was a decision.

Black.

JEEP?

RUST!

Oh my.

I can pay for that.

Look at the rust.

god thats a lot of rust.

concentrated fairly well to the windshield frame...

oh well there`s a bubble here, a bubble there, that bubble has actually flaked...

Underneath looks the exact shade of rusty dirt! Dirt? Rust? Not sure! Probably rust.

Well now... Look closer.. Poke at it.

So I come back with a screwdriver (minutes later) and start poking... yep, that one on the windshield frame is about the consistency of wet-ish cardboard with a light back-door screen taped on.

But no other holes punch through as easily... And then I check out the frame, body mounts (Yes one is rusty) but all others are NOT.

Hammer the frame. Solid. Lots of dirt falls off... Hammer again, lots more dirt falls off, holy shiz there is a frame under there!!!

So fast forward from October last year when I drove it home (Wheel-bearing was not in the wheelbearing anymore, so I did both)

Park it and inspect.

Inspect for days.

And weeks.

Do not drive.

Replace rear u-joint at yoke because it moves easily. New ujoint doesn`t help because the clamps are worn. Clamps aren`t worn after-all because the Yoke is worn.. Replace yoke, while replacing yoke replace seal in rear end to end leaking. Fixed!!!!!

Get exhaust....replaced due to that driveshaft that swung over, punched a hole and broke off said muffler... New muffler and rear pipe.

Ignore manifold leak for now. Ignore non-existant shocks for now, because sagged suspension and bushings are all garbage and will need replacing, wait until I lift it before I replace shocks.

Drive Jeep once.

Ok... this is good, no more feeling like I`m going to die if I hit 80! Good times!

Good times are friggin had. Holy shi...z... very good times, even the wife LOVES it after enough trips with a BOAT on the ROOF that I could NEVER DO without SAID JEEP.

So, fall in love with Fishing. Again.

Fall in love with Camping. Again.

Jeep is now paying for itself with entertainment, learning, outdoors, and all the great things in life that we should ALL BE DOING ON A NEAR MONTHLY BASIS EXCEPT WINTER because winter is COLD! JEEPS DONT LIKE COLD! Well mine doesn`t, because I don`t. Inside said jeep that is.

Now... I have a Jeep, I love fishing, I love camping, and I love outdoors.

What do you do next?

Well you find buddies! Buddies that also like fishing, camping, outdoors, that have trucks! With boats!

One F150 (2009) and one Tacoma (2009).

You friggin try to keep up with these people!!! Oh my ****ing god these guys drive fast. One is a firefighter and the other raced circuit racing for many many years (second said person is father, yes!)

Well Father is behind me of course.

No, he didn`t see the bumpstop that broke off, I saw it on the way back from the lake.

Clutch is toast. Can`t get it out of reverse at the campground twice. Bad sign. Very bad sign I can feel it..

Suspension is still attached, but thats all... shocks might be attached I haven`t checked cuz don`t care...

Clunking noise when engaging forward or reverse and disengage clutch quickly, ca-thunk-de-chunk. Well that is sloppy... could be rear end?

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Sloppy rear-end.

heheheheheheheheheheheheh

Meh if it is I`ll need a bigger axle anyway.

Wow that clutch is toast.

Drive home from said trip?

Yeah, that clutch is gone.

What did I learn?

Just because it feels good when you drive it 1200km around your city, to and from a lake with your girlfriend many times, quickly.

Does not mean it will make it to and from a lake that your GUY friends want to get to. Quickly.

Come prepared. Come extra prepared. MAKE SURE YOU ARE PREPARED!

If you aren`t prepared? Make sure someone with you is prepared.

I hoped owning a Jeep would make me prepared, and I learn the hard way it does NOT, owning either A) Brand new Jeep Well maintained Jeep will at least help your case.

Onto the pictures!

First, woman and me (neither in picture) at a lake near Kelowna, about 30 minutes from home, awesome lake and lots of fish. Woman = Doors.

Fishing trip without woman? No doors of course!

With boat on roof, truck looks good, got home near dusk... Note wheelgap from story above

Yes, it is listing lazily to the right, that slope is NOT doing it! Yes my springs are worn out THAT MUCH NOW!

Honestly, there is not a thing left in the truck that weighs more than 1lb... seat cushions and a tackle box... and the boat is about 200lbs total, evenly distributed. I can lift it! My god the right side is about 3" lower than left...

But I got that baby good and muddy, and stuck once! Door didn`t see a thing

Hope you enjoyed! I SURE AS HELL DID!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I now need to spend about $1200 to BEGIN to make this truck able to drive to a lake again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only in a Jeep. It`s all I have ever owned and I love them. I get rained on, cold, hot, sweaty, sunburnt all in one day. My back and neck hurt from hitting bumps because of the cheap suspension lift I have on it. The tread on my tires kicks things up at me like rocks from the road. Something is always squeaking and creaking no matter how much WD40 or PB Blaster i spray on it. I drive it daily and from NC to AL and back a few times a year for school. But I wouldn`t trade it for anything. It`s a Jeep thing.

Heres a picture for your viewing pleasure.

I just removed and painted my flares and sidesteps which were grey but are now a glossy black thanks to Krylon Fusion. They look excellent now.

Keep on Jeepin bud.

Post Thanks / Like
    whats a good site to look at suspension mods for a jeep? i always wanted one and looking more into it now

Post Thanks / Like
    ironrockoffroad.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you kind sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeep stands for (Just Empty Every Pocket) didnt you know that hahaha but man you cant find a tougher truck out there, my xj has 165k on it, hardly ever do any mait. offroad the crap out of it, put on bigger tires 35 inchers lockers lift, and it just keeps going going and going no car ive owned has been more reliable except for maybe my cummins truck but ive only had that for about 6months

Since everyone else was putting their pics I had to go back and edit my post

This might scare some of you autopians so please look away

after a trail ride at paragon ap

Post Thanks / Like
    Coils>leafs

Post Thanks / Like
    ^Yeah yeah, I hear it all the time on jeepforum and wranglerforum. Really dont want to hear it here haha. And those round headlights are just so much better than my square ones right?:p

To whoever needed lift websites-

Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories & Jeep Soft Tops From The Jeep Parts Experts - Quadratec

Tonneau Covers, Lift Kits, Winches, Leveling Kits, Tires, Wheels & Tonneau Cover Parts by 4 Wheel Parts

Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories, & Jeep Tops ? Jeep Wrangler Parts by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware ? Your Jeep Parts Source*

JC Whitney for all Auto parts - Car, Truck, Jeep, Motorcycle & RV Parts

And get on Jeep Forum - Jeep Enthusiast Network or soemthing similar depending on what kind of Jeep you are getting. Make sure you research what lift you get on jeep forums, and remember- You get what you pay for. A $500 Rough Country lift is not going to be as good as a $900 Rubicon Express lift. Learn from other people, including my mistakes- dont skimp at the beginning to get a cheap lift- save up and get a nice one and you will be glad you did.

Oh yeah CocheseUGA. ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow those Jeeps are all so much nicer than mine!

I guess I see why I detail cars on the side for $$$ at over $200/each, eh?

I don`t want to detail more than 3 cars to pay for my lift kit, right?

My `wife` HATED the Jeep. HATED IT. SELL IT NOW WHILE ITS STILL WORTH SOMETHING!!

Well then I bought a fishing boat.

Now she is willing to let me spend $2000 to fix it up

Damn, thats 10 details... oh well, better get to work!!1@

Thread Information