Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I have a new addition to my family.

Friday night at 11:00pm I was getting into my car when I heard a yelping. It sounded as if it were coming from under my car. I looked underneath but saw nothing. The sound kept coming but louder. I popped my hood release, opened it and there was this peanut of a kitten wedged in my engine bay! I kid you not! He must have been riding around with me in the blistering heat!

I couldn`t reach the little stinker. I coaxed him out under the left front wheel and grabbed him. He was filthy dirty and had grease between his paws. I have two cats and couldn`t bring him in the house because I had no idea of his medical condition. So I put him in a large cat carrier with food, water, blankets and a little make shift litter box. I kept him in my garage. This little monkey was mine! I wasn`t going to give him away.

I brought him to the vet the next day where it was determined that it definitely was a "He." His eyes, nose, ears, skin and fur were perfect. He tested negative for feline leukemia and feline AIDS. They clipped his nails and wiped him down with a few baby wipes. He got his first vaccine. I bought some kitty shampoo. The Vet determined he is about 5 weeks old and weighs 1lb 3oz. I have to bring in his poo to check for worms.

I am keeping him in my finished attic complete with central AC. He has mounds of blankets, beds, toys, obstacle courses, nooks and crannies. He eats and drinks like a mad man and purrs loader than a motor boat. He`s super friendly (loves to nuzzle), strong, full of zest and craziness. I have a radio on quietly for him 24 hours a day. He will be separated from my cats for about a week until I slowly introduce him.

The night I got him, I held him and told him he was "one lucky little b_astard." I hesitated, and said that will be his name; "Lucky." So little Lucky is now officially mine. He went from the outhouse to the penthouse.

Here are the photos!

First night in the house after the Vet prior to a bath.

Here he is getting a bath. See how filthy he was? Excuse my hunch back. Trying to kneel on tile floor, hunkered over a bath tub with a one pound kitten is not easy.

I toweled him half dry. He was shaking like a leaf but purring from the attention. I opened the window and the hot sun was coming in so I put him on the sill. He LOVED it and fell asleep under my watchful eye. He dried off in the sun.

I caught him in a squeaky meow

Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky he is, too have found you, or is it the other way around. BTW love that purple bath tub.

Post Thanks / Like
    :shocked Man, that is totally crazy. I hate to think what could have happened to him if you didn`t hear him.

Cats aren`t for everyone, but we have 2 of them, and you get a lot from them for a relatively low amount of work. Cleaning the litter box and filling their food and water bowls daily is about all they need, plus their annual vet visit.

One of ours is very social and affectionate, she cuddles and purrs so much at times it can get annoying. The other one just does his own thing, when people come over he is upstairs hiding under a bed as soon as the doorbell rings.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he rode around with me for a while. We have TONS of strays at work and one time a woman I work with killed a kitten that was sleeping on top of a tire. So I think this kitten climbed up and hung out. I drove all over the place and the only time I stopped for a long period of time in an area with cats was when I was at work.

Oh the purple bathtub (cast iron) is the original color from the 1910`s when the house was built. The whole bathroom is vintage except updated lighting.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you might have set a record for how quickly you spoiled Lucky. He is a great looking kitten. He is fortunate to have ended up in your home.

Post Thanks / Like
    From rags to riches! He buffed out a-ok!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I know what it would have looked like...

Have fun with the new cat! Definitely looks comfortable already!
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    seth, that`s great that you gave the little guy another chance and a loving home ! this reminded me of last night, where me and a few buddies went out to eat and while we sat outside, there was a stray cat wondering around that was dirty and hungry :aww: ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesaferg
    Oh, I know what it would have looked like...

Have fun with the new cat! Definitely looks comfortable already!

Way to ruin the thread man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey charlesaferg, a woman I work with crushed a kitten with her Jeep when she backed up. She rolled over the top portion of it`s head and it was splattered on the pavement with its jaw cracked open. I had to go out with a garbage bag, pick it up and toss it in the dumpster. The woman was 8 months pregnant and started to become hysterical. We had to calm her down so she wouldn`t pop! But my little guy was tucked in there and cruised around with me.

Al, there was no way I couldn`t take him in. When I fished him out in his condition, he clung to me for dear life and began purring with happiness. Thousands of them die but he`s one of the "lucky" ones (hence his name!)

I just crept upstairs to check on him and he is sound asleep burrowed under a blanket listening to the Mets game I have on for him. He listens to sports radio!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely a fitting name, `Lucky.` What a cutie!

Post Thanks / Like
    what i want to know is how that beemer got that way
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    guess how many donuts i can, uh, um never mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camino Kid
    what i want to know is how that beemer got that way

...going really fast, and a fox got in the way.
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Spilchy! That kitten is adorable and so very "Lucky" to have found you!! I used to have one that looked just like him, but he now resides with my daughter! Enjoy him!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seth, that`s a great story and I`m glad to hear it had a happy (lucky) ending :xyxthumbs. Hope it goes well when you introduce him to your other two cats.
    John

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information