Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    .....I thought as months wore on, MOL would begin to appreciate my presence. That hasn`t been the case. It seems like they`re almost insulted by my presence..............
    I guess if it were me I`d take the hint and frequent one of the other 10,000 detailing boards instead of MOL
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk

Just when I thought I had heard everything. Maybe you should tell them about the uber professional looking Flex you used to use.
    :funnypost
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    Well, I think that is being a bit hopeful... I remember reading one of your posts (months ago) when you did a detail on a Red BMW (I think). It went something like this...

"Hey Meg`s online, I just did an awesome detail using all non-Meg`s products, give a look!!!" (Obviously I`m exaggerating, but you get the point). Put it to you this way... if you create a forum about why everyone should be a Vegan and I come to your site talking about all the virtues of carnivorous living, I doubt I`d be very popular (even if I had a wealth of knowledge about being a Vegan).

I was using Meguiar`s Professional Clay (Blue). Anyway, to me, it was a standard post. It wasn`t my intention to get the community up in arms.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were running Megs online, I would allow free discussion, much as we do here. It`s not going to hurt anyone and the `Super Moderator` won`t have to chase anyone around for stuff members post.

Just because it`s product-specific, doesn`t mean that it can`t be about detailing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    I guess if it were me I`d take the hint and frequent one of the other 10,000 detailing boards instead of MOL:funnypost

I`m very stubborn.

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    If I were running Megs online, I would allow free discussion, much as we do here. It`s not going to hurt anyone and the `Super Moderator` won`t have to chase anyone around for stuff members post.

Just because it`s product-specific, doesn`t mean that it can`t be about detailing, too.

I`m very stubborn.

Let me preface this post by saying I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing your work. My post is not meant to be taken personally, but...I disagree with you. It is a product-specific website, and I think that people that post over there should respect that. The way I look at it is that when you post on that site, you are a guest there. Don`t like the rules, don`t visit the site.

It`s kind of like going to a certain denomination of church, and trying to teach them about the beliefs of a different denomination - It ain`t going to fly. After all, there is a reason the members go to that denomiantion church in the first place.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
    Let me preface this post by saying I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing your work. My post is not meant to be taken personally, but...I disagree with you. It is a product-specific website, and I think that people that post over there should respect that. The way I look at it is that when you post on that site, you are a guest there. Don`t like the rules, don`t visit the site.

It`s kind of like going to a certain denomination of church, and trying to teach them about the beliefs of a different denomination - It ain`t going to fly. After all, there is a reason the members go to that denomiantion church in the first place.

I think, and it`s in part my fault, the thread has gone too off topic. I`m just going to remind everyone why this thread exists...

Here is the quote from Mike Phillips on MOL:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips
    It`s easy if you`re young or new to detailing to read a bunch of stuff on other forums like,

Meguiar`s is pretty good for an OTC product

When that is so far from the bigger picture and just an indicator of the lack of knowledge by the people that make posts like this.

[Meguiar`s infomercial removed]

The flip-side of this coin is the majority of product for sale in the retail market and most of the offerings by what we call web-based wax companies, (you learn about these on forums), are not safe for fresh paint because these companies have not in the past and currently don`t manufacture a professional line of products that caters to the professional side of our industry. All they make is consumer products, that is they are limited to catering to consumers with cured paint.

Bold emphasis is original and directly from the thread on MOL.

My post makes no remarks about other products. I simply asked a simple question about the performance of a single product. This is my post:

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_Caulfield04
    Client is having their front bumper painted and the only glaze I can find is #7. Is it safe for uncured paint?

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, well here`s what I would do....

You feel slighted (justifiably or not, the point is you feel that way). I would either email or call Mike direct (he puts email and phone# in his sig over there), and ask him what he meant by that. I think it would be better to discuss it man to man than to post it over here and speculate.

Just my 2 cents
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
    OK, well here`s what I would do....

You feel slighted (justifiably or not, the point is you feel that way). I would either email or call Mike direct (he puts email and phone# in his sig over there), and ask him what he meant by that. I think it would be better to discuss it man to man than to post it over here and speculate.

Just my 2 cents

You`re right. I felt a response on MOL would not have been handled fairly, hence the thread posted here. You`re right, though, direct contact is best. I just emailed him.

EDIT: Did not want to bump this thread and attract unwanted attention. Got in touch with Mike and his response put me at ease so, for me, this matter is closed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information