Post Thanks / Like
    You need to send them some links to your posts. LOL
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name
    You need to send them some links to your posts. LOL

Haha. :funnypost

I put those in my posts to help out other detailers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I can`t speak for him or what he was thinking, but having exchanged several messages with him (in the past) and having him give me many tips on detailing it doesn`t see in line with his character.
    I`ve also read a fair share of his posts (actually very interesting) and never seen him come off this way either.

Also, I`m not sure how you can read how someone is coming off. So, I would say you`re probably reading too much into this.

I guess I might be(it`s late and there nothing on TV ), but I`m coming into this as an outsider looking in. I bet if you showed his post to 100 neutral people and only let them think about their answer for 15 seconds after reading it, they`d say his response was in bad taste. Especially by someone at the top of the food chain on that forum to which people treat his word as the gospel.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I`ve also read a fair share of his posts (actually very interesting) and never seen him come off this way either.

I guess I might be(it`s late and there nothing on TV ), but I`m coming into this as an outsider looking in. I bet if you showed his post to 100 neutral people and only let them think about their answer for 15 seconds after reading it, they`d say his response was in bad taste. Especially by someone at the top of the food chain on that forum to which people treat his word as the gospel.

I was rather surprised by his post, given the subject of my question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like they chase people around pretty often over there? The thread about the clay was just ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    Seems like they chase people around pretty often over there? The thread about the clay was just ridiculous.

I considered responding to his attacks, citing clay magic patents and the whole shebang. After thinking about it, though. He wasn`t interested in what was right or what was wrong. He was interested in the fact that *I* was wrong. At that point, no amount of information would correct that issue. I would have likely been banned for citing patents filed by clay magic, I think. Or severely reprimanded, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    This isn`t intended to be confrontational, just an observation: it seems almost a waste of your time and knowledge to contribute over there based on those other links you provided.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jedovaty
    This isn`t intended to be confrontational, just an observation: it seems almost a waste of your time and knowledge to contribute over there based on those other links you provided.

Because of the reception my posts receive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if that`s what you mean....

I thought as months wore on, MOL would begin to appreciate my presence. That hasn`t been the case. It seems like they`re almost insulted by my presence. I don`t really understand it, to be honest. It`s not like Megs people haven`t used other stuff in the past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    The thread about the clay was just ridiculous.

I re-read that one and I don`t think Holden wrote anything offensive, nor did Mike. Tim seemed to take the greatest exception with the accuracy of his posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04

I thought as months wore on, MOL would begin to appreciate my presence. That hasn`t been the case. It seems like they`re almost insulted by my presence. I don`t really understand it, to be honest. It`s not like Megs people haven`t used other stuff in the past.

Well, I think that is being a bit hopeful... I remember reading one of your posts (months ago) when you did a detail on a Red BMW (I think). It went something like this...

"Hey Meg`s online, I just did an awesome detail using all non-Meg`s products, give a look!!!" (Obviously I`m exaggerating, but you get the point). Put it to you this way... if you create a forum about why everyone should be a Vegan and I come to your site talking about all the virtues of carnivorous living, I doubt I`d be very popular (even if I had a wealth of knowledge about being a Vegan).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    No, it was more of the tangent I was referring to. I`m sorry I didn`t really state that, did I?
    Why is this thread in the Detailing Product Discussion Forum when all you`re interested in is talking about your treatment over at MOL? It might be more appropriate in the Hot Tub Forum than here.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    +1

10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    Why is this thread in the Detailing Product Discussion Forum when all you`re interested in is talking about your treatment over at MOL? It might be more appropriate in the Hot Tub Forum than here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    MOL is owned and operated by a manufacturer; not only that but the moderators are long time employees. I`d expect there to be some level of bias, and in most cases a lot of it. I think it`s pretty clear even from recent threads at Autopia that at the moment there are a lot of posts being guided by allegiance (be it personal or financial) rather than by experience.

Perhaps the crew at MOL are about accuracy, but in detailing accuracy is often perceived. As User Name mentioned different manufacturers have different opinions (which they often state as fact) about certain processes and products. Disagreeing with these opinions on a forum owned and operated by a manufacturer isn`t going to get you hand claps and a big cake.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like

Just when I thought I had heard everything. Maybe you should tell them about the uber professional looking Flex you used to use.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information