Post Thanks / Like
    I just received this email that I had to share!

SIGN IN A WHITING INDIANA STORE FRONT WINDOW

`WE WOULD RATHER DO BUSINESS WITH 1000 AL QAEDA TERRORISTS THAN WITH ONE SINGLE AMERICAN SOLDIER!`

This sign was prominently displayed in the window of a business in Whiting,Indiana. You are probably outraged at the thought of such an inflammatory statement. However, we are a society which holds Freedom of Speech as perhaps our greatest liberty

And after all, it is just a sign.

You may ask what kind of business would dare post such a sign.

Answer: Owen`s Funeral Home

:bounce
    -Dennis

My Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    One more opportunity for self-expression via one`s pocketbook IMO; I for one hope everybody in town patronizes some other funeral home and they go out of business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    One more opportunity for self-expression via one`s pocketbook IMO; I for one hope everybody in town patronizes some other funeral home and they go out of business.

I think this one went swoosh over your head Accumulator

I believe the intent is they would rather see 1000 dead terrorists than 1 dead soldier...

Anyway it looks like the email is just a variation of an existing joke/spam/hoax anyway...

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Rumors of War (One Jew)

Post Thanks / Like

I think this one went swoosh over your head Accumulator

I believe the intent is they would rather see 1000 dead terrorists than 1 dead soldier...

Anyway it looks like the email is just a variation of an existing joke/spam/hoax anyway...

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Rumors of War (One Jew)

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m not trying to rub it in, but that is some funny sh*%!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, what a strange message to broadcast for a business in Kansas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rjstaaf
    I think this one went swoosh over your head Accumulator ...

Heh heh, it sure did!!! Go ahead and kick me some more, I brain-paused on that one

Bet I`m not the *only* person who read it literally though...they are talking about "doing business" and I was once fairly closely connected with the funeral/etc. industry.

I`m also, unfortunately, frequently exposed to some unbelievably anti-US Armed Forces opinions; my incorrect reading of that is right in line with what I see/hear quite often. There are people in this country who believe our service men and women deserve to die and that the enemy are all "freedom fighters"

Post Thanks / Like
    Repost from 2002.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

I`m also, unfortunately, frequently exposed to some unbelievably anti-US Armed Forces opinions; There are people in this country who believe our service men and women deserve to die and that the enemy are all "freedom fighters"

Are you really????

Who would hate the soldiers? I have never met one person who felt that way.

The government? Yeah, but not the ones who actually pull the triggers. :nixweiss :nixweiss :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ve never met my commie cousin then. Even her ultra liberal dad bristles at her comments about our servicemen and women and pretty much everything else about the US.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, there are people who think that our service men/women are evil for doing their jobs and that anybody who supports our "system" is on the wrong side of the fence (to put it nicely), especially the "murderers who do the actual killing". As I understand it, they oughta lay down their weapons and refuse to fight and then everything would be OK

Fortunately I don`t run into these folks all that often now that I`m not at the U, but I do still bump into them upon occasion. There are rallies around the country that sometimes make their way onto to news/internet where you can see these people expressing their opinions...and I tell ya it`s one thing to see it on TV/PC, but it`s *much* more irritating when the people are connected with your family/friends and you have to, uhm, show tolerance for their different viewpoint :grrr

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news friends but freedom of speech is pretty much dead in this country. If you don`t believe me then try voicing your opinion about race, gender, religion or politics at work or school and watch how quickly you will be ridiculed and labeled. I live in Massachusetts where Harvard University just announced that they are closing their gymnasium to men during certain hours to allow Muslim women to exercise in private. If I don`t think Obama should be president then I`m a racist. If I don`t think Hillary should be president then I`m a sexist. Look what happened to Jimmy the Greek and Imus. With everyone screaming about their rights I just have one question. If I choose, don`t I have the right to be intolerant? There, I said it.

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you Patrick, you hit the nail squarely on the head!

Thread Information