Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This is by far the most overrated "holiday". It`s absolutely the dumbest thing anyone has ever pushed onto the people of this country. I mean $100 per ticket to attend a New Years party at a club or hotel? Prices of drinks and food go up for the last day of the year? All for what? So someone can get drunk and crash their car and possibly hurt/kill someone? What the hell is wrong with this country? I`m all for getting together and having a good time but what exactly is the cause of celebration here? That the date changes? I just dont get it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I`ve partied my *** off on new years for quite a few years now and loved every minute of it. I had every intention of doing it this year, but I was offered to work new years this year for double time and a half so I`m all over it. I`m sure I`ll still have a few beers, but I`m not going to be partying til daylight like I have in the past!!

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didnt get what ya wanted for Christmas? New Years is a great holiday !! Ring in the New Year man !!! And GREAT Football too !!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure it`s just another day on the calendar, but a lot of people view it symbollically as a fresh start. Every new year you can put the past years troubles/failures behind and hope for a better year ahead. Why not celebrate the start of a new year:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    You know we Americans are always looking for an excuse to party!

And, I agree with the above poster as well.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    I live close to one of the biggest universities in the United States, and I`ll tell you right now, I`m getting outta here on New Years LOL. Probably continue the tradition of just hanging out with friends at someone`s house and take it easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its all about parting. If you dont like to party then its pretty much a pointless holiday. I myself like to socialize but Im not much on the parting. Sitting around with friends watching the ball drop is my idea of New Years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once you pass 55 years of age you may not celebrate New Year`s Eve like you used to. However waking up to that New Year`s Day is a celebration in itself.....you made it another year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amen to that Tex! Every day above dirt is a good one.

Post Thanks / Like
    i love new years and partying

Post Thanks / Like
    Granted New Years is just an excuse for people to party but I dont mind that. I get a hotel room with some friends (they get their own rooms), bring drinks, and party all night. Next year it will be at my house though. This holiday is no worse then the "biggest party day of the year" which is said to be the day before Thanksgiving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just another day to me. I`ll probably work both New Year`s Eve and Day. If I am going to spend $100 plus for a ticket to anything, it would be a Led Zeppelin tour.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Just another day to me. I`ll probably work both New Year`s Eve and Day. If I am going to spend $100 plus for a ticket to anything, it would be a Led Zeppelin tour.

Beat ya to it. I work both days already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

I met Robert Plant many years ago. One of the nicest famous people I know. Very down to earth and sincere.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I can honestly say I`m not too fond of New Years eve/day. I use to enjoy it when I was younger and I`d light fireworks off, but those days are long gone. I usually volunteer to work New Years Day since it`s a time and a half day so I`ll be working from 7am-11pm that day. If I go out it`s just to make an appearance, I think last year I was asleep before the ball dropped and I`m only 23

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information