Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Smoke?

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I do not and would never date anyone who did. My smoking views are pretty much the same as my drinking views, lol.

Well..?
    03 Redfire Mustang GT

13.9 when it was stock

Intake, Exhaust now

Post Thanks / Like
    Cigars occasionally

I have too many expensive habits.
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    Never have never will. I hate the smell. It`s the worst smell in the world. I hate the smell on my clothes.

I just hate it period. LoL.:tribe:

I have smoked a cigar with my uncle. That was it. A cigar smell is different; but only did it once and never will again unless it is to impress a client at work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not smoke and never have. I too cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke...

I am married now but I have to say that when I was dating smoking was not a criteria for who I would go out with. I just lucked out that the wife doesn`t smoke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Smoked cigarettes for about a year back in the earlier years. Now I will smoke one every once and a blue moon.

Cigars on occasions.

8Banger: Are you doing some type of report on gateway drugs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t smoke, never have, never plan to either. I dated a few girls that smoked and didn`t like it, but sometimes you have to suck it up to get what you want!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by truzoom
    Cigars occasionally

I have too many expensive habits.

Same here. I`m working on filling my humidor.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love a good cigars. I go through about 30 a summer.

Cigs only when Im out drinking. They just go hand in hand for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    That`s because one of them is dilating your blood vessels, while the other is constricting them. Yin yang.

Post Thanks / Like
    Smoking is really bad. Believe me. I know. I pick up ppl all the time that have problems related to cigarette smoking over long periods of time. To see them having so hard of time breathing really puts it into perspective. People smoke for 20 years and their lungs look like a bag of charcoal. They`re filled with mucus and they cant exchange their Oxygen for the carbon dioxide. Their O2 levels go down and their CO2 levels go up. Eventually they get what is called an Hypoxic drive. Probably the best time of the year for them is when its cold out. The cold air will kind of relax their bronchioles allowing them to breath a little easier. The worst ones are the ones sitting on the side of there bed with there arms on there knees trying to push themselves up to breath. This progress they get wore out and they cant breath. They must be intubated with an ET Tube. A tube down your trachea with a AMBU bag on the end of the tube coming out of their mouth. They do lab values, Put you on a venilator, do a bunch of xrays and CT Scans. Trying to determine whats causing this to FLARE up. So now they go to the ICU. Stay in there for a week . Stiill breathing with the vent. THe patient is either heavily sedated or got lucky and got the chemical paralysis weeks later get outta the hospital. Two months later. 911 agian

Sorry. I see it alot.

If you smoke. This could be you. Calling me to your house cause u cant breath

So please do you, your body, you lungs, and your whole life a big favor and DONT SMOKE

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t smoke.

Louisville just recently passed a smoking ban in bars, restaurants, and other public places. While the libertarian in me has problems with the government telling business owners what they can and cannot allow in their own business, it is really nice to be able to go to a bar or restaurant and not come home smelling like an ashtray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    I love a good cigars. I go through about 30 a summer.

My humidor holds 150 cigars. I`m no where close to filling it up. I smoke maybe 4 a summer. My other friends don`t smoke so I don`t smoke around them. No cigs for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    I don`t smoke.

Louisville just recently passed a smoking ban in bars, restaurants, and other public places. While the libertarian in me has problems with the government telling business owners what they can and cannot allow in their own business, it is really nice to be able to go to a bar or restaurant and not come home smelling like an ashtray.

Ditto. They passed the smoking ban in public restaurants here and it`s the best idea I`ve seen in a long time. Having said that, I don`t smoke, and will never smoke. Watching a loved one slowly die in the hospital from emphysema, lack of oxygen, and fried lungs was not fun, all from smoking. You know, there have been studies that alcohol (beer and wine) may/can benefit the body, but what benefit does smoking provide? Absolutely none, it tears down the body, and slowly kills you. Also, there`s nothing worse than hearing someone with that hacking, conjested cough that`s a tell tale sign of a smoker. So unattractive. Not to mention a smoker`s smell. Yuck!

As far as the ban at restaurants, I`m more than happy they did it. Just because someone likes to smoke, doesn`t mean it should affect *my* life and my loved ones who don`t smoke. Second hand smoke is just as bad, if not worse! Unless you`re gonna start paying for my healthcare, others personal habbits shouldn`t negatively affect my health! While I may agree also about the government stepping in on a buisness owners` rights, I think in this case it`s perfectly fine to help clean the air of known carcinogens. /rant
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    I pretty much detest smoking and refuse to date anyone who does. Which about sums it up.

My dad smokes a pipe and I will admit old kentucky tobacco does have a nice smell but beyond the occasional scent from across the back/front yard, that`s enough for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemissGTO
    My humidor holds 150 cigars. I`m no where close to filling it up. I smoke maybe 4 a summer. My other friends don`t smoke so I don`t smoke around them. No cigs for me.
    My best man and I go through about 80 a year between the two of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information