Post Thanks / Like
    For the past six month, I have been repeatedly receiving emails from an online printing shop that I did business with even though I have opted out since day one. At one point I set my mail client to send all their emails to junk but now they are sneaking back in. I got one today and on principal, called the company and explained my situation. Their "Site Assistance" Dept Rep searched for my email, couldn`t find it in the database and pretty much said, "tough shi." The call went south as he was not willing to help in the slightest.

?: Isn`t this harassment and somewhat illegal? Who would I make a complaint to?
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just continually reply with goatse.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if it`s illegal or not, but I`m having the same trouble with Castrol. I`ve never purchased any of their products or signed up for anything from them. Out of the blue I started getting their emails about John Force and all that. I`m not even a NASCAR or NHRA fan. It took a few tries to unsubscribe their emails and I didn`t receive anything from them for about a year but within the last 3 weeks have started receiving the same type of emails from them. It`s really annoying and pisses me off because I`ve unsubscribed from other places before without any trouble.

I wonder if there is a law against soliciting via email when you`ve already told them to stop?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there no "Opt out" links at the bottom of the email Andrew?
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    Are there no "Opt out" links at the bottom of the email Andrew?

One of my favorite links! I must hit that damn URL twice a week. It confirms my Opted-Outedness and thanks me for playing. When I called the CSR he confirmed that my email was not in their database and told me that was all he was worth. I asked if he thought the emails were coming from outer space and he said maybe. Then I was mad.

What is goatse?

Castrol must have an affiliate you do business with BlackElantra. What do you buy online once a year that puts you back on their list?
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    They just deleted my user account!
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AMDin93103
    One of my favorite links! I must hit that damn URL twice a week. It confirms my Opted-Outedness and thanks me for playing. When I called the CSR he confirmed that my email was not in their database and told me that was all he was worth. I asked if he thought the emails were coming from outer space and he said maybe. Then I was mad.

What is goatse?

Castrol must have an affiliate you do business with BlackElantra. What do you buy online once a year that puts you back on their list?
    If you really want to know google it. Just be warned its very graphic, again you were warned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, do not google it. It`s along with the lines of tubgirl, and to a lesser extent, lemonparty.

Just know that its... not something you want to see!

Post Thanks / Like
    well i searched it..luckly i clicked onthe wiki one first, it explained it in enough detail for me

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you using for your email?

If its outlook just add them to your blocked senders list, gmail mark as spam etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just my opinion, Opt-out for some companies tells them that the address they are sending to is a good one. I personally never opt out, I either bounce using mac mail, or like others have said block with a filter.

Post Thanks / Like
    :secret overnightprints.com :bat
    -Andrew.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem with an on-line (semi-legit) pharmacy I ordered some stuff from. Even though I opted out, they sent me `reorder reminders` twice a day for 18 months before they gave up. Blocking did no good as they own hundreds of domains with an extra number here or letter there so every one was just a bit different. They were also very careful to only use common words in their body so there was no way to block them w/o blocking a bunch of other stuff. Calling them got me a promise of removal, but it never happened. They knew what they were doing...
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Thread Information