Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two weeks ago, I was diagnosed with a rather nasty disease. The name isn`t important, but the effects on me, my family, and my career, are. As a professional pilot, I have to meet certain federal guidelines regarding health. Pilots must undergo a complete physical twice per year by an FAA approved (Airman Medical Examiner) doctor, and receive a pilot`s medical certificate. The diagnosis of my particular disease means that my medical certificate has been revoked, and I can not fly until I am able to show that my disease is in remission and under control with medications that are approved by the FAA to be used by line flying pilots. All this is going to take quite a while. Especially considering the nature of this disease. It isn`t ever cured (i`ll have it for life), but can be put into remission and controlled (usually).

So, while all this is going on, I`m falling back on detailing to attempt to provide at least some income until I`m able to go back to flying status.

If any one of you guys happen to know of anyone in the Salt Lake area that needs an exterior detail, could you shoot me a PM? For the most part, I`m feeling well enough to detail on most days. Some days are better than others, though.

I do exteriors only, and specialize in paint correction. Any business you guys can shoot my way will be much, much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

--SuperBee

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s one day at a time...

Good luck Bee!

Post Thanks / Like
    hey superbee, hope you get well with each and everyday!

Post Thanks / Like
    First of all, we`re all sorry to hear this, and hope for your speedy and complete recovery (if not cure). Second, as a pilot, don`t you have some other aviation-related non-flight options which might be less physically taxing and more financially lucrative than detailing? Training, consulting, etc.?

Post Thanks / Like
    hey supe, sorry to hear the bad news, but i sure you and your family will be able to overcome this.

I have delt with my share of illnesses, none curable but treatable, some days are good some are bad. Just remeber to enjoy the good ones, then the bad ones dont seem so bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about that and I hope you get better and everything is OK!
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the wishes, guys, it really helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    First of all, we`re all sorry to hear this, and hope for your speedy and complete recovery (if not cure). Second, as a pilot, don`t you have some other aviation-related non-flight options which might be less physically taxing and more financially lucrative than detailing? Training, consulting, etc.?

Unfortunately, there are *alot* of other pilots on MLOA`s, all vying for those types of positions. They do not pay as well as "flying the line", and there are lines miles long to apply for them.

I also haven`t been with my airline long enough to qualify for the long term disability benefit, so I gotta do what I can to bring in something.

Post Thanks / Like
    SuperBee, I wish you well and hope your health improves and this situation is only temporary.

Post Thanks / Like
    SuperBee - see if you can get into aircraft detailing with your connections/background. The guy I used to work for made boatloads of cash, and it was surprisingly easy work - insurance was around 500 bucks a year, and we made that back in a day. Let me know if you need any advice/tips/techniques.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Superbee....Sorry to hear about that. I hope things work out for you.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear this Superbee, i had my FAA Airmen Certificate (ATC) revoke once for a ground accident that was not my fault, It took me 6 months to get it back and it was hell doing so, hope everything works out for you............Angelo...........:usa
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, man, sorry to read that. Hope that whatever it is, doesn`t keep you down all the time. Wish you a speedy return to the pilot lines and my thoughts and prayers are with you, fellow airman!

Joey
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I can speak from my experience with SuperBee that he does a top notch job and I had him come help me on a car, while we did not have the time to prefect it the owner was very happy with our work.

SuperBee you know that I will always keep you in mind, even if the drive is a bit north.

Cheers,
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers are on the way for both you and your family. Stay strong. :xyxthumbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information