Post Thanks / Like
    I was just out with a gent who is in the business of painting home interiors. He has been in business for 3 years and is grossing $550,000 annually. He completes an average 8 jobs per month.

Does this sound like a good, average, or bad annual income for a home interior painting business?

I remember paying $6,500 to have a 1600sq/ft house painted a few years ago. Im just not sure if all of the numbers jive. Im trying to get a gauge on the guy, he is looking to use my contacts to get into commercial painting in NYC. I dont want to make a bad recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know several painter`s who do very well. I`m not real sure of the volume they do or their exact salaries/profits, but I know they are able to live *very* comfortably.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I follow the math I heard today, this guy does an average job of $5800 96 times per year.

He has 4 f/t workers, his wife handles phones, and he PM`s and sells.

2 lead workers get $200 per day

2 jr. workers get $140 per day

Random day labor as needed.

Seems realistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on where they work and who they work for. I am sure if you are doing expensive work for people willing to pay for expensive work in a place where the economy is good it would be easy to do. My uncles own a paint business and with the economy in a downward spiral here in SE Michigan I think they have to really low ball their bids to even get work right now. But one uncle is retired and one is a painter for a large museum so this is not their only source of income.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It varies widely.

We got our 2500 sqft house painted for $2500 recently, which is a VERY good deal, but we know the guy. I`m sure he would not do the job if he was not making money though.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Its gotta be a tough buisness. I dont know anyone who would pay to have their house painted, interior or exterior.

But being in michigan no one can afford anything so most people do what they can their selves.

Post Thanks / Like
    $2500! good for you. I called to get quotes for a house I bought last year and they ranged from $3-5 per square foot. + paint/primer.

Im going to make the intro`s for the guy, sounds like he could use the business. Ill barter, for and intro lunch with head of facilities for XYZ, paint my house...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    Ill barter, for and intro lunch with head of facilities for XYZ, paint my house...

Good call!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget your overhead costs...materials, paint,etc......

Post Thanks / Like
    It varies so much by area. I can get my house here painted for probably around $6,000. When I lived in Charleston, my neighbor had her house painted that was about the same size( 2000 sq. ft.) - close to $20,000. Difference? My house here is worth $100,000, hers was worth $1.2 million.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Thread Information