Thread: PS2 modding

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone on here know about how to modify Playstation 2`s? I`ve looked over several websites but like telephone modding they just leave me even more confused. Looking for someone to point me in the right direction.
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never modded my PS2, but I remember modding my original PS1 back in the days. Wherever you purchase your modchip, they should send you some good instructions with clear color photos on how to perform the mod. The hardest part is the soldering, but if you`re good at that you shouldn`t have a problem.

The last time I checked for PS2 modchips, I remember seeing chips that were solderless, so basically anyone can install it.

Here`s one:

DMS4 E.Z.I. S.E. Pro Modchip dms 4 ezi se lite mod chip

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t you have to match the chip to the firmware or revision of the PS2? That is where I am confused as the forums that I have found assume you know all the base information and just walk you through the mod.
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to get a chip that`s compatible with your version.

For example, on the link to the chip I sent you here is what it says:

"Unrivaled boot success rate and compatibility:

The boot rate of DMS4 is 100%. The DMS4 Supports PS2 V5-V11 USA/ASIAN and PAL"

Post Thanks / Like
    Again that is my problem. The site assumes you know where to find that information. I`ve torn apart Motorola Razr`s and fixed them and modded the software to no end but there are guides for doing it explaining how you find out what bootloader version you have and so forth. I assume that somewhere on a PS2 that you can find out if it is a V5-V11 but I have no idea where.

I bought a used system and some games for my son`s Xmas present so I have time to work on it if I can find somewhere that gives the base information. He is bad about taking care of the cd`s (as all 7 year olds are) so I want to be able to load them to a harddrive and put the originals up so they don`t get ruined.
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blocked from that site on this computer so I will check it out tonight. I think, got to download it to see, I`ve found a start to finish tutorial on afterdawn. I`ll let you know. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    I know the info I gave is really basic, so I apologize I can`t help you as much as I`d like. Also keep in mind that the sites I gave you just happened to be the first couple of links when I googled it. I can`t vouch for them or their products.

Thread Information