Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much all I know about plumbing is that I turn the handle of the faucet and the water comes out. Now that you know what you`re dealing with, here`s my scenario.

My wife and I purchased a `new to us` house in 2005 and did some major renovations to the place. Most of the work was subbed out, as I`m not that handy. Anywho, I have an issue with the faucet in the guest bath on the first floor.

When one turns on the hot water side of the faucet, it come on, but then almost immediately it is restricted in some fashion as the flow is reduced to a trickle. Accompanying this is a hum or rattle of the pipes (I`m guessing here). It doesn`t improve if you turn the hot water off then turn it right back on. We don`t have this problem with any other faucets in the house.

Sorry about the long post, but I wanted to give any and all information pertaining to the situation. Does anybody have suggestions or could you point me in the right direction as to a remedy to the problem? Thank you for any help.
    `05 MDX / `04 6s 5-door

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, from your description, all I can think of is that the pipes are stuck with something. Are the pipes accessible? If so, try to see if you can feel a temperature difference where there is and is not water. That`s all I can think of

Post Thanks / Like
    The rubber washer in the hot water shut off valve has come loose. Easy to fix, shut off water supply at water meter, take hot water shut off valve apart and replace washer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes I notice with some hot faucets that as the water flows for some time and gets hotter and the faucet parts heat up that there is some thermal expansion of the parts which restricts the flow rate. Since this happens almost immediately in your case, I believe it is as Gears says, something is loose inside. There is generally a retaining nut which holds the stem into the housing, which can sometimes back out, causing the stack of parts to not be clamped and lets things float around a bit as you seem to be experiencing.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is kind of obvious at this point, but make sure the shut off valve under the sink (inside the vanity cabinet) is turned on.

In addition to the suggestions already given, the shut off *could* be only on enough to build up a short burst of water, but then quickly depleted.

Thread Information