Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So I`m in the market for a new phone. Right now i`m using a Nokia 3620 which is a great phone, I`ve gotten a lot of use out of it and never had any problems, except when it freezes while playing Lemonade Tycoon lol. Right now my parents want me to get a PDA phone which would be nice for the functionality of it, but i`m thinking more on the lines of a fun phone, like this one:

or this one

The top one is an LG k920, which looks like one hell of a phone. And i really like the 5 megapixel camera and video cam.

The bottom is a Nokia N93, which has a 3 megapixel cam, and turns into a camcorder.

If you can`t tell, camera quality is a main selling point here, But i need a phone with a great organiser as well as a great camera, but within a reasonable price (<500)

Any recommendations? Also, what are some nice PDA phones? i have AT/T as a provider, but im sure i could ebay any unlocked phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource would be a good place to ask around.
    Autoeng

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are sweet!! I will definitely have to check out that site

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would really like a Sony Ericsson k790a, it has a ton of features and I`ve seen some really nice pictures from them, unfortunately they`re still selling for $380ish. I`m waiting for them to go down in price so that I can upgrade my Nokia 3390, which makes me feel like I`m in the stone age with some of these new, high tech phones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Word on the street is that the iPhone is going to be a pretty fun setup when it comes out. I`m not sure about how hard on phones you are, but I know the N93 would last about a month in my hands
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    My vote would be for the Blackberry Pearl or Palm Treo 750...You can`t go wrong with either and will love the functionality of PDA`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m currenlty in the same situation except I also use a MAC computer. This has added a whole nother` dimension to selecting a quality phone/organizer. I`m currently cosidering the Treo 750P as well. I really hate Palm software though. If the iPhone had PDA integration, it would be perfect for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those look like some cool phones. IMHO, the first one looks kinda bulky. Something to consider if you carry your phone in your pocket.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an LG VX9900, the enV from Verizon. I`m not sure if it`s available from other carriers yet. It has a 2.0 mp camera with auto-focus and limited video capability that takes pretty dang good pictures and folds open for a full QWERTY keyboard. It`s not up the the level of a smart phone, but you can easily enter notes, etc. The main bummer is that it looks like the old "candy bar" phones. For most any of my pictures, 2.0 mp is plenty. I`ll get a dedicated camera with more functions for anything that requires something higher than that.

Post Thanks / Like
    lolz candy bars... Yeah, i like high-resolution for taking closeups of paint under flash cuz i use that as reference when i can`t position my halogens right. but i don`t want to carry around 2 big things, i`d rather have a camera and fone in one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still think 2 mp would be plenty for that, I`ve taken great detail shots of metal flake and small paint defects at that level. The flash is another story. My camera claims to have flash, but it`s a joke. I haven`t tried it on the paint at close range, perhaps getting mere inches away from a reflective surface would yield better results. Here`s one shot with another 2 mp camera. I can`t find a similar one taken with my cell cam right this minute, but this is at the same resolution and I honestly believe I could do at least this well with my phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I found a couple shots taken of a friend`s car with my cell cam, though they were under less than ideal lighting on a kinda cloudy day and on the shady side of the car. These are from different angles but the same spot, where I buffed out his 3 y/o`s artistic efforts to "paint" the side of his car with a rock.

Before

After

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for iPhone, but then again, I have a blog on the iPhone! Seriously, you should just go for it. Since you`re already an AT&T subscriber it will be an easy switch. I know the price is crazy, but it really is going to be the benchmark product, a real computer with the best screen out there. It will be by far the best smartphone to surf Autopia! The 2MP camera will be decent enough; if you need better just get a real camera.

If nothing else just wait for it to hit the streets so you can check it out--and maybe snag a better deal on something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys the pics were helpful; and for the iPhone, i think i`ll wait because as we all know with cars, first gen`s always have their glitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can snag one, get a RIZR Z3. I have taken some good pics from its 2.0 MP camera.

Case in point...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information