Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all.

Im Denny i am 18 years old and in the market for a new car, i have a scion tC right now and wanted to get an 07 honda civic si sedan, the only down fall is it only comes in manual. I know how to drive one and am pretty good after a week or so i know i will get alot more used to it .

my question is here is how many people have manuals and are sick of them. that is the only thing im worried about is gettign sick of it but from what i hear i hear more good than bad.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

also how would i be able to change my name on here if i do get the hond hahah !!?!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got sick of them and traded in my 5 speed Impreza for a automatic F-150. LOL If I just had a weekend car I would not mind it at all. But city driving and traffic jams SUCK big time with a manual and I just got tired of dealing with it. Too bad Honda did not put in a paddle shifter / automatic style transmission in the Si`s. That would of been very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    good choice on getting the civic si, it`s definitely a step up from the scion. just think how boring it will be if you have a sporty car, with an automatic. driving stick becomes second nature when you get use to it, and later down the line you`ll wish you would have gotten the stick...

sports car = manual

luxury car = automatic

http://autopia.org/forum/car-driver/...nual+automatic

Post Thanks / Like
    hhah thats a good way to put it! hhaha

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennysciontc
    Hello all.

Im Denny i am 18 years old and in the market for a new car, i have a scion tC right now and wanted to get an 07 honda civic si sedan, the only down fall is it only comes in manual. I know how to drive one and am pretty good after a week or so i know i will get alot more used to it .

my question is here is how many people have manuals and are sick of them. that is the only thing im worried about is gettign sick of it but from what i hear i hear more good than bad.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

also how would i be able to change my name on here if i do get the hond hahah !!?!?!?!
    if you don`t have a stick shift, you aren`t driving, you`re just sitting there barely moving one foot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m an oddball, I prefer a manual even in bad traffic. Too many cars these days don`t even have an option for a manual. I`ve heard of people getting bored of an auto, and tired of driving a manual in traffic, but I haven`t heard of anyone getting bored of a manual. Its just too much fun to row through the gears. Automatics make me feel disconnected from the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Automatics make me feel disconnected from the car.

Thats what i hear alot. people say you arent "one" witrh the car hahah!!

I also heard its alot better in the snow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I`m an oddball, I prefer a manual even in bad traffic. Too many cars these days don`t even have an option for a manual. I`ve heard of people getting bored of an auto, and tired of driving a manual in traffic, but I haven`t heard of anyone getting bored of a manual. Its just too much fun to row through the gears. Automatics make me feel disconnected from the car.
    I think that is because automatics today are getting to the point where they are actually better performers than the manuals. Look at Honda, they are starting to get better mpg with their autos.

Post Thanks / Like
    A manual is much more fun to drive. Whenever I drive an auto, I feel like I am missing something and can`t wait to drive my own car again. But if I had to sit in traffic every day or I lived in a very hilly area, I`d rather have an automatic. I consider myself to be pretty good with a manual, but I still do not trust myself enough to take my car into San Francisco. Extremely steep hills still scares the crap out of me in a manual. I can do it, it`s just the constant fear of possibly stalling and rolling backwards. I`m sure if I had no choice, in time I would get over that fear but when it`s a once in awhile thing, I hate that feeling of actually having to think about working the clutch and gas pedal.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    It all depends on you and how and where you drive your car.

I was in the same situation when I got my car. I knew it would be fun to have a manual car initally, but was wondering if I would get bored/tired of it. Well it`s almost been two years and I`ve been driving my car daily the past year and it`s still a lot of fun. I think part of it has to due with the fact that my daily commute is only 15-20 mins top on a highway that 99% time has 0 traffic. Even around the city it`s fine. Now if I had a commute that was longer and involved taking roads that are always traffic filled I would think twice. I do think part of the reason I enjoy the car so much is the clutch is super easy to use (Acura RSX). You should have the same experience as Honda has the easiest to use clutches that makes shifting effortless. I`ve driven some older Mustangs and those clutches are like a leg press! So if thats the only thing your worried about, I don`t see it being a problem unless your in some hardcore traffic everyday. My cousin was just asking me this question the other day as he`s looking at Audi TTs which also only come in manual (the years hes looking at).

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackElantraGT
    A manual is much more fun to drive. Whenever I drive an auto, I feel like I am missing something and can`t wait to drive my own car again. But if I had to sit in traffic every day or I lived in a very hilly area, I`d rather have an automatic. I consider myself to be pretty good with a manual, but I still do not trust myself enough to take my car into San Francisco. Extremely steep hills still scares the crap out of me in a manual. I can do it, it`s just the constant fear of possibly stalling and rolling backwards. I`m sure if I had no choice, in time I would get over that fear but when it`s a once in awhile thing, I hate that feeling of actually having to think about working the clutch and gas pedal.

It sounds like your thinking about it too much. Thats how I was the first couple months, super paranoid about rolling backwards into a car, but once you get it`s fine and you don`t even think about. I think now I roll back more in my father`s 89 Toyota which is auto than my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    i prefer a manual...even if the current performance is close to/equal/better in autos. it`s just more fun.

a friend said something interesting to me long ago: "driving an automatic...you are just steering the car around....driving a manual...you are actually driving the car."
    2007 Lexus IS350 | Tungsten Pearl

2012 Honda Accord LX-S | Polished Metal Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is how i see it.

If i am buying a Truck it will be diesel and auto.

For a Car it will 100% be a Manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    I lived in LA for a year and even in the worst stop and go traffic I wouldn`t have traded in my stick shift for an auto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information