Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been on the forum for a little while, I don`t know you guys personally but would enjoy to, and I know there are some good people on this forum that are just all around great people. I don`t know if some of you guys are religious or not but don`t want to affend anyone but my uncle is on his way downtown to Vanderbilt Medical Center right now and he might not survive to trip. He has had lung cancer for 2 years, got rid off that, had a tumor in his brain, removed the tumor but not all and now he is just starting to completely shut down. Hasn`t ate in a month. Even if some of you guys aren`t religious some nice thoughs and hopes givin towards my way would mean a great deal to me and my family. I am a smoker myself, I`m 24, and this absolutely scares me and anyone on this forum that is a smoker, quit if at all possible. I know I am really going to try and quit. Thank You guys and everyone have a great day. Take care.

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like wise...

My thoughts and prayer goes to you and your family.

God speed..

Post Thanks / Like
    God`s healing touch for your Uncle and His comfort for you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys... means alot, it really does.

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Best of luck , Bryan. My sincere positive will to you, your

family and especially your Uncle.

Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with your Uncle and entire family.

I know how tough it is for you. You`ve got to get off those smokes. I smoked for 30 years and now have adult onset diabetes. I`ve had 2 heart catheters and got a semi-passing grade after quiting the smokes 19 years ago.

Eat healthy, exercise (detailing helps me a bunch with that), don`t smoke, drink moderately, and you`ll avoid what your uncle is going through.

Take care and a bunch of Autopians will say prayers for your Uncle.

Totoland Mach
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with your Uncle and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have prayers from us! My mom put up a fight with lung cancer and it`s just so nasty.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You guys so much. I am really trying to stay positive for my grandparents and my mother. I can`t even imagine what my grandparents are going through. It`s their only son, you know? I think I am going to throw what cigarettes I have left away, deal with it now and get it over. Exercise, chew gum, whatever I have to do. I don`t want to put my kids through this. SpoiledMan, is your mother ok now? Hope so buddy. Appreciate all the positive thoughts, and I know I don`t know any of you guys but this means alot it really does. Take care

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdsys_x86
    SpoiledMan, is your mother ok now? Hope so buddy.

Bryan

No Bryan, she is 10 years departed from us. My kids never got to meet her but I do have lots of pictures for them to look at.

One thing that is "good" about cancer is that you get to say goodbye to that person. You get to share things that you don`t get to share when someone is suddenly taken away. If you haven`t already done so you need to. From what it sounds like he`s near the end. Make the best of the time that is left.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    No Bryan, she is 10 years departed from us. My kids never got to meet her but I do have lots of pictures for them to look at.

One thing that is "good" about cancer is that you get to say goodbye to that person. You get to share things that you don`t get to share when someone is suddenly taken away. If you haven`t already done so you need to. From what it sounds like he`s near the end. Make the best of the time that is left.

So sorry to hear that but you are 100% correct with the statement about having time to say your goodbyes. I`m actually getting ready to go downtown right now to say just that my friend. Take care buddy!

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts and prayers are with your uncle and family.

I lost a grandfather to smoking. Even though he quit (cold turkey, too), it still wasn`t enough. He got lung cancer 6-7 years later. Despite receiving all the medical care possible, it only took a few months for lung cancer to take him.

I know what I said is probably inappropriate as far as niceness is concerned. However, just know that if the Big Guy decides its time for your uncle to go home... his suffering will no longer be.

Lung cancer is a terrible thing. And to think... all from a little cigarette. It can destroy the strongest of people within such a short time

Post Thanks / Like
    My mother has COPD and was hospitalized with a severe exacerbation a last year. Things didn`t look good for a while. Scariest thing I have ever had to go through. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information