Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I never see any fleas in my place, but I`ve got over a dozen bites in the past week so something`s up. I went and bought a few fogger cans, but have a question for those of you who have done this. Is it alright to just go to another room (with door closed, towel in the crack, etc.), rather than leave altogether? I don`t want to stress the cat out any more than necessary. If I can keep her in the house, I`d rather do that.

Thanks
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to. My wife is an animal lover, and she rescued 3 kittens she found on her mom`s property last August. But they came with some more freebies: FLEAS! And even when we had them in the basement with a window so they could get light, we had some serious problem with the fleas upstairs. We had no choice than to get rid of the cats and the fleas. Here`s what we did (just to let you know, is a tedious process):

1. Cats out

2. We have other animals, including birds, Guinea Pigs and a 10G fish tank. So they had to go out to my in-laws.

3. Take out all non-canned food, silverware, dishes, etc out.

4. Cover beds, furniture, electrical equipment, etc with plastic.

5. Bomb the place and let is sealed for around 2.5 hours.

6. Came back home, opened windows for another 1.5 hours and went out again.

7. wiped all hard surfaces, specially kitchen area and food storage.

8. Threw away all plastic covers.

9. Brought everything back in, including animals.

10. Good-bye fleas

Don`t stay in your place one the bombing has started, and take all animals out. Hope this helped...
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re lucky PP, when I did it I had to do that whole routine and then repeat the whole thing a few days later to catch the ones that hadn`t hatched yet after the first round. It came to that after a couple of attempts with single applications. I finally went to a pest control supply, bought professional bombs, and did the whole house twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that sucks. Been forever since I had to do that, and the insecticides might have been different then, but best not to stay in the place. I think bigfoot has got it nailed. Fleas are pretty hardy and you have to give them quite a dose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback. Guess I have my work cut out for me. Hopefully, I`ll only have to do it once.
    If you`re irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?

-Rumi

Post Thanks / Like
    I sympathize, I`m having a little moth problem right now Those fleas are little ```````s, they jump like 2 feet, so you think you can kill them and then they just disappear....and if you do manage to catch one and try to squish them, they just laugh at you and jump away...you have to bisect them with a fingernail...ugh..this is bringing back awful memories...the only good part was they only seemed to bite the women in my house!

Thread Information