Thread: job search

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys was looking for some links to an online job search. was wondering which ones you people have used before. did a few searches and not sure which places are descent. I remember Monster had somebody hack into their system and stole people personnel info. will be looking in our local papers as well but feel I should be using as many resources as possible. not 100% positive that my job will be lost soon but feel I should start looking. thanks for any info you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed.com is my pick for the best online job search. It searches most (or all) of the major online job sites and also your local newspaper classified listings in one search.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look up recruiters in the phonebook. Take a few out to lunch and make them remember you.

Talk to people at old jobs, they may know of a job or a recruiter.

The internet isnt the best place to find a job. I do this for a living, I dont even post my job rec`s there anymore. (Currently, I have 212 spots my team is trying to fill in NY and NJ) Too many unqualified people, too much spam, too much BS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kpounds
    Indeed.com is my pick for the best online job search. It searches most (or all) of the major online job sites and also your local newspaper classified listings in one search.

Ok, thanks for the link. I had deleted that link a few weeks ago. guess I should have kept it LOL !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    Look up recruiters in the phonebook. Take a few out to lunch and make them remember you.

Talk to people at old jobs, they may know of a job or a recruiter.

The internet isnt the best place to find a job. I do this for a living, I dont even post my job rec`s there anymore. (Currently, I have 212 spots my team is trying to fill in NY and NJ) Too many unqualified people, too much spam, too much BS.

That was my plan also. will check the paper and unemployment office for listings. have my wife asking people she works with at a large hospital. going to have friends and family to ask around also. since you do not post jobs anymore, where to you let people know you are looking to fill some spots ? just curious. thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Craigslist

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not what you know, it`s WHO you know. Network with people you know that know of openings or can pass your resume on. That`s how I got my new job, and it`s how MANY people get jobs. They get your foot in the door and you run with it. Monster posts a lot of "meat market" / sales / high turnover positions. I`ve not had good luck with their site.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    It`s not what you know, it`s WHO you know. Network with people you know that know of openings or can pass your resume on. That`s how I got my new job, and it`s how MANY people get jobs. They get your foot in the door and you run with it. Monster posts a lot of "meat market" / sales / high turnover positions. I`ve not had good luck with their site.

That is great advice for sure, especially in my area. have people checking with their contacts to see what they can come up with. I hate looking in the paper and such because they seem to be the jobs that have a high turnover rate.

Thread Information