Post Thanks / Like
    So, I always leave my mother`s present last because I always like to take the most time on it and not just rush it (a little bit of a momma`s boy). I usually do over gift for the people I really care about, because like I said, I care about them. So I got my dad a collared shirt from Nordstroms, my brother a nice shirt, and my best friend (like a brother to me) a book about love for soccer. Anyways, I forgot all about how I`m in college now, and I checked my bank statement and I have $17 left. So, long story short: what can I make for my mom that she will love and is creative?
    - Aaron M

Post Thanks / Like
    When my Wife (then GF) was short of cash when she was at Uni she got a picture of us and a cheap picture frame then painted little symbols of all the stuff I`m into on it- Books,Cars,West Highland White Terriers,Guns,xbox,ect.

I really appreciated the time and effort she put in and it was a really personal gift to me it also really made me realise how much she understood me and new about me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spend some time with her, that`s what a mom would like more than anything. Give her a nice card with a hand-made coupon for a lunch or dinner and maybe a movie that you`ll take her to sometime after Christmas but before you go back to school.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the picture idea. Something from the heart is always better than something you can go out and buy when it comes to gifts from your kids.

My Grandpa is 91 and it is always hard to find something he needs or wants so I bought a nice pie plate and in the middle I put a coupon for a homemade pie of his choice each for a year. He was thrilled and each month we get a little extra time together when I bring him his pie. Maybe pie isn`t your thing but how about something that your mom likes that you do? Maybe a couple full detail coupons or mix up the ideas and make a coupon book with a variety of things.

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews
    The Car Girl

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot Ness
    Spend some time with her, that`s what a mom would like more than anything. Give her a nice card with a hand-made coupon for a lunch or dinner and maybe a movie that you`ll take her to sometime after Christmas but before you go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    I like the picture idea. Something from the heart is always better than something you can go out and buy when it comes to gifts from your kids.

My Grandpa is 91 and it is always hard to find something he needs or wants so I bought a nice pie plate and in the middle I put a coupon for a homemade pie of his choice each for a year. He was thrilled and each month we get a little extra time together when I bring him his pie. Maybe pie isn`t your thing but how about something that your mom likes that you do? Maybe a couple full detail coupons or mix up the ideas and make a coupon book with a variety of things.

Lynn

These are great ideas! I can`t believe I didn`t think of this before. Thanks, I will do this!
    - Aaron M

Thread Information