Post Thanks / Like
    Unedited:

This is pretty cool:

I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up to duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

So I decided to check it out before I sent it forward. I sent the following email to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this email and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your store. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item even if it was cheaper at the other store.

Here is their answer to my email.....................

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears

The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn

Sears Customer Care

webcenter@sears.com

1-800-349-4358

Sears has my business, matter of fact Im looking at a kitchen filled with Kenmore products..........

I just noticed the story published here...........
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is that thread where someone said Sears treats their employees like dirt? I would like to show him this.

Post Thanks / Like
    A true e-mail? Unpossible!

I always run stuff through Snopes before I forward it. Like the one about the Shuttle photographed by an Israeli spy satellite as it blew up a few years ago. I immediately noticed a huge problem, the shuttle was obviously in space and it blew up upon re-entry...and then I realized it was from the movie Armaggedon. Too funny. A quick trip to Snopes confirmed what I thought.

Anyway, it is nice to know there are some companies who do care about their employees who are reservists and serving in Iraq. God Bless them!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I shop alot more at Sears since learning of this a few years ago.

Thread Information