Post Thanks / Like
    Since it seems my other thread was getting stale a little bit.... I figured Id start a new one.

I was RIGHT on the line, credit card in hand ready to order this:

Citizen Calibre 5700

Right when I thought I had it nailed down... I find another that catches my eye.

Seiko Premier Perpetual Calendar. Only drawback to this one is its battery opperated.. but it is a really good looking watch.

Im at a standstill on this one... Im too new to this and I dont know if its worth it to go with a battery operated Seiko?.?.?.?

If the battery operated deal isnt such a bad thing then my mind is made up and Ill go with the Seiko. :cooleek:
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    I would much prefer a Seiko Automatic, with no battery to deal with, and a more pure watch experience. Check out the Seiko 5 line (autos). They have excellent reputations among the watch community, and I ordered a dressier Rolex-style Seiko 5 just the other day.

Maybe something like this? Overstock.com: Seiko 5 Men`s Stainless Steel Automatic Sport Watch : Men`s Watches There are many styles of Seiko 5s out there, just do some looking around. They are probably the best value in watches that can be found, as they all utilize the workhorse and respected 7S26 movement.

Here`s another really nice 5.... Seiko 5 Sports 100 Automatic - Black Face - Stainless Bracelet SNZB73

Regards,

Mike
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mike.... Im on it already. :bounce

I took delivery of my first Seiko 5 Automatic yesterday... and I have another on the way. After starting my week long research (last week) with many nights up until 1-2AM I decided on the Seiko 5 line... and ordered a couple.

I received this one yesterday...

And this one should be arriving this week...

I would really like a Seiko Premier Automatic but they are so expensive. I know I should save for it but Im not sure if I can bring myself to spend $500 on a watch, yet. If I could find a Seiko Premier Auto for say $300, Id maybe go for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are very fine examples of the Seiko 5s and I think you will be rewarded with years of service and enjoyment from them. They are real lookers too! Congrats on the decisions!

Just personal preference really, but if I were spending $500 on a watch, it would not be quartz. Of course, some expensive $20,000+ watches are quartz, so that doesn`t mean they are not performers. Just depends on what you like. At the $500 price point, I would be looking at other timepieces from companies like Oris, Longines, and Hamilton, but that`s just me. If that Seiko pulls at your strings, then it is the right one for you, no matter what we say!

If you`re stuck between the Seiko and Citizen though, I would pick Seiko 10 times outta 10, 100% of the time.
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerMike
    At the $500 price point, I would be looking at other timepieces from companies like Oris, Longines, and Hamilton, but that`s just me. If that Seiko pulls at your strings, then it is the right one for you, no matter what we say!

That`s exactly what I said in the other thread, but no one even noticed or considered those brands.:sadwavey:

Those are great Swiss watch companies and they deserve consideration...Although I love Seiko too...

As for that Perp Cal, that is a GORGEOUS piece, and if it were automatic, I would jump all over it....
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck, I`d save up a couple hundred more and buy a Tag Heur. I got mine for a little over $700 a few years ago. There are a few places on the Internet that have them for that price. But the Seikos are a nice, solid choice. It all comes down the personal preference.

Hey drewski, I have a few *vintage* Hamilton, Longines and Oris!

I was looking (more like drooling) at a platinum A. Lange & Sohn for $540,000.00!!! It has something like 1,200 parts.

A. Lange & Söhne - German watch, Wrist watch, mechanical movement, Glashutte, Chronograph, Tourbillon

That is one sick watch to read about!!!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Langes are incredible....I think if I were ever rich, I`d rather own a Lange than a Patek...

My attainable dream brand is Ulysse Nardin Their Marine collection is just stunning IMO...

Tag Heuer`s are nice, solid watches, but their modern watchmaking history isn`t smiled upon by collectors as much as say, Omega, and this in turn hurts resale value(if that`s important to you).

If you`re up to the Tag price range though, then don`t forget to look at preowned Omegas...once in awhile you`ll see a slightly worn Seamaster floating around at a great price!:wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Any of you guys like Breitling or Revue Thommen?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would highly recommend you check out TimeZone.com forums. They will have all the insights you could ever want about any watch brand out there. Warning though! It can be highly addictive....much like this forum!

TimeZone: Forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigltc
    Any of you guys like Breitling or Revue Thommen?

The jury`s still out on RT, but Breitling, I just don`t like many of their designs. And I`m in school to be a pilot! haha....

Construction is solid, and so is accuracy, especially in their Superquartz mov`t, but it seems as though they are a `bling bling` company now IMO...:sadpace:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 35TH LE

I received this one yesterday...

Just curious.. where did you end up buying this one from? What is the model number?

TIA,

-Quickstrike

Post Thanks / Like
    I need some assistance guys... I just ordered that Seiko Premier I posted and I figured that the battery thing isnt too bad, I really really like it and thats what matters. I cant wait to get it.

As for the assistance. Since you guys have been in this game a lot longer then me maybe you can help. There are a couple Seikos Im looking for... I cant seem to locate them

SKZ025K

and

SKZ103

If you guys can help me locate these Id really appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, can`t find either of them, even with all my Seiko 5 sources...sorry

Looks as though the Seiko 5 bug has bitten you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drewski59
    Nope, can`t find either of them, even with all my Seiko 5 sources...sorry

Looks as though the Seiko 5 bug has bitten you

Oh yes it has... Im already thinking about selling my Citizen Calibre 9000 Minute Repeater when it arrives from purchasing with my "atta boy" work points. Then put the cash towards maybe a couple Seikos or maybe one real nice one. :nervous2: I dunno though because after reading about that Minute Repeater function I guess its really something special huh? Maybe that Citizen will be worth holding onto?

I like how Seiko has ALL KINDS of different styles in the 5 series.... I find myself looking at all those 5 series a lot.

You guys got me hooked on a new, expensive, hobby. :sadwavey: :nervous2: :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Well.. I ordered one more and Im done for a good while. I gotta stop. :chuckle:

Just ordered this one on Amazon...

I figured I aught to own a Chrono and Ive realized that Im gonna try to stick to the Seiko stuff... and this slightly resembles the Citizen Chrono I liked. Plus its one of the limited edition Honda F1 watches.

It was pretty cheap too... I looked around for a while and it seems I found a really good deal on this thing.

Thread Information