Post Thanks / Like
    Saw this topic on another forum and felt it was time to re-live it here on Autopia and get new updates. LOL

Where do you PARK?

Post Thanks / Like
    I aim for between the yellow lines

Far away from anyone else of course :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Since my new truck won`t fit into the garage I have been parking on the street at home. As far as at stores and whatnot, I park away from everyone and away from catchbasins/sewers. You might ask why do you park away from those? Because the lots slope to them so carts roll down hill. LOL Usually I try to park against parking lot landscaping so one side is protected anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    I park in handicap spaces. My entire family has permits for our vehicles, thanks to my brother. Sounds kinda sick and wrong, but when you see those big empty spaces and no body suing them, you`ll know...

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to park away from everyone else or in spots that have a curb or something on one or both sides, to limit the number of cars that can park next to me. People at my apartment complex can`t park and I`ve gotten three door dings in the month and a half I`ve had my car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joyriiide1113
    I park in handicap spaces. My entire family has permits for our vehicles, thanks to my brother. Sounds kinda sick and wrong, but when you see those big empty spaces and no body suing them, you`ll know...

Not necessarily speaking for my own view here, but I know guys with SCI and an attitude who would feel perfectly justified keying your car if they saw you waking away from your car in a handicap spot when you`re able-bodied and abusing a permit. One guy on an SCI forum where I help out bragged about intentionally extending his van ramp into a car that parked in the striped-off area beside his van, and that`s while the driver was still in the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by velobard
    Not necessarily speaking for my own view here, but I know guys with SCI and an attitude who would feel perfectly justified keying your car if they saw you waking away from your car in a handicap spot when you`re able-bodied and abusing a permit. One guy on an SCI forum where I help out admitted to intentionally extending his van ramp into a car that parked in the striped-off area beside his van, and that`s while the driver was still in the car.

Yea I know. To be honest I use it when its only necessary. Thats when I cannoy find not one decent space. At home I park in the garage. At work I have a reserved parking between a wall and my boss` Porsche. At school is the only place I use the hanidcap and thats at night when most of the "kids" are gone... Its risky, but I have the same chance of abuse if a ticked off man doesn`t like my level of shine compared to his car and decides to demonstrate it.

I`ve used my handicap permit along with good judgement on my 330i and now my X5 and haven`t gotten one ding on either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the best judgement when it comes to using a handicap permit while perfectly healthy is to not use it at all.

There may be no one in the space when you see it open, but that doesn`t mean you are turning away people who come after you who need that spot. Having grandparents who need to use handicaps spots because of their condition...I think it`s kinda sick you use those spots for the well being of your vehicle. You have legs...use them like the rest of us and be thankful they work...and throw that permit away.

/soapbox

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    I think the best judgement when it comes to using a handicap permit while perfectly healthy is to not use it at all.

There may be no one in the space when you see it open, but that doesn`t mean you are turning away people who come after you who need that spot. Having grandparents who need to use handicaps spots because of their condition...I think it`s kinda sick you use those spots for the well being of your vehicle. You have legs...use them like the rest of us and be thankful they work...and throw that permit away.

/soapbox

I agree 100% . could not have said it better myself.

Thread Information