Thread: Forum Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Folks

I wish there were a forum specifically dedicated to "Forum" related topics ie subjects related to this BBS and its` format etc. If there`s a more appropriate place for the following question, please let me know or re-direct it. Thanks.

Today I was reading a thread started by a member whose title is "Banned". I decided to try and determine when he was "banned". I got back to the middle of 05 somewhere and gave up. My question is: what does "Banned" mean? If a member is banned, why is he still allowed to post?

Post Thanks / Like
    If a member is banned, their posts or threads are not deleted. Thus you can still search for their posts.

If the thread was created today...I`m guessing he just edited his title to say "Banned" for the heck of it I guess

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a few forums were members put "banned" or "banned by super moderator" in their thread title as a joke.

Joshua is right about banned members posts not being deleted (except for spam and offensive language).
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    If a member is banned, their posts or threads are not deleted. Thus you can still search for their posts.

If the thread was created today...I`m guessing he just edited his title to say "Banned" for the heck of it I guess

Almost sounds like first hand knowledge.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1
    Almost sounds like first hand knowledge.

haha - - I`m guessing a Meguair`s Forum member. I chuckled yesterday when I visited the forum and seen the thread about their new logo and how everyone was saying it was ugly. I`m surprised people didn`t get banned for their opinions in that thread, but I did see people where warned. I also found it funny how they have to close all the threads *they* start because members don`t agree with Meguiar`s and the decisions they make.

I don`t think these companies would see the need to warn people about bashing their company if they listened to what the consumer wants.

I think this is a clear reason why these new RDF products will take over the market for pros (not including swirl removers). Other companies just doesn`t listen to customers like we are seeing here at Autopia. David is letting the people who will buy the products test them out and give feedback and manipulate his formulas any way he sees fit. Where as other companies hope they are smart enough to know what the consumer wants without actually having to listen to their opinion.

But yes..I am very experienced in this field of being banned :thx

Thread Information