Post Thanks / Like
    When my youngest son Michael was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at age 4,(he is now 14) my wife and I never knew what we were up against. The daily multiple insulin shots (up to 6 a day) and rigorous blood testing was something Michael adjusted to much quicker than my wife and I did. But it wasn’t until the night of our first summer vacation after he was diagnosed that the reality finally set in how this decease can affect a person.

I remember being in Door County, northern Wi, when during the night I heard a moaning sound, almost like an animal in pain. It got louder, so I got up and rushed to where the sound was coming from; to my surprise it was coming from my son’s bedroom. I looked in horror at Michael laying there shaking; moaning and moving his little body franticly is random motion. By this time my wife came running in, I picked him up and saw his eyes glaring at me with a spacey look and at that moment I knew he was having a diabetic seizure. We quickly got some juice and sugar and tried to hold him still long enough to get it in his body. As the tears fell from my face, I prayed he would come back. After a few minutes he did, and I let go a sign of relief. From that day to present (10 years) either my wife or I have gotten up in the middle of the night to test his blood sugar so he didn’t drop the way he did that that day in Door County.

Juvenile (Type 1) Diabetes is one of the most misunderstood and deadliest deceases out there, effecting millions of people, most of them below age 20. The Kouba family is participating in the Ron Santo Walk to Cure Diabetes in hope they find a cure in Michaels lifetime. If you feel that you can help us in this fight, any donation will benefit the cause.

Make checks payable to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Mail to:

Gary Kouba 255 Heritage Drive Roselle IL 60172

We thank you for your support.

Post Thanks / Like
    My mom does volunteer work with JDF and we donate every year. I`ll keep your family in my prayers.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information