Post Thanks / Like
    What does everyone use to clean/polish/sanitize their granite counter tops?

The granite people used this stuff that you can get at lowes called "Countertop Magic". It`s a thick spray that goes on then you buff it off for a shine.

With the hell I`ve gone through with Mop-n-glow I`m scared now to use anything at all other than soap & water.

I`m a clean/shine freak so the ultimate shine is what i`m looking for with the obvious protection.

Maybe FMJ?
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard of people Klasse`ing their granite and marble...no joke!

We just got a brand new granite countertop installed...and we`re getting ready to seal it...we`re just sticking with whatever the top-of-the-line stone sealer was at Lowe`s...

The label states that 1-2 coats should last a lifetime using only pH-neutral cleaning products...I`m not sure about that(sounds like a Nufinish claim to me)...but hopefully all turns out just fine and it lasts a year or two.

Good luck!
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    We use a product called Granite Gold: http://www.granitegold.com/

We saw a demo of it at a local home show and we were amazed. The granite countertops in the house we recently bought were obviously neglected and granite gold did a great job bringing back the shine and smoothness to them. We don`t use the daily cleaner every day, but I try and use it once a week or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    I failed to mention on the other thread that I used AIO on a marble countertop and it left it cloudy, really messed with how it looks I"d sure be careful where you try it, luckily for me I just tested it in a limited area, still need to undo it someday...

Almost all the other countertops in our house are granite, as are the floors in two of the bathrooms. I use Cinch 2-in-1 in the bathrooms and I usually use Weiman`s Counertop Cleaner in the kitchen. I used to use Lysol Kitchen Cleaner but it`s been reformulated and is no longer recommended for granite (I`m not gonna risk any problems by using the new version).

I scrub the granite countertops with a nonstick-surfaces Scotchbrite pad as needed and finish up with a MF.

FWIW I`ve been using the above-mentioned products for over five years with no problems at all; all our granite still looks like new. I clean the kitchen countertops every night and do the bathrooms maybe twice a week, so it`s not like they get really grungy between cleanings.

Thread Information