Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March Madness

Post Thanks / Like

March Madness

Who are your picks for the Final Four? I have to look at the brackets tomorrow, but what comes to mind right now as an ideal matchup for the Final Four would be Southern Illinois, Illinois, Kansas and North Carolina. I know that Bruce Weber left Southern Illinois, to coach Illinois, a vacancy made possible by the departuer of Bill Self. Bill Self is now coaching at Kansas, made possible by the departure of Roy Williams, who is now coaching at North Carolina. Wouldn`t it be great if these coaches could meet in the Final Four? I know it isn`t possible, due to Illinois and Southern Illinois being in the same bracket, as are North Carolina and Kansas.

Who are your picks for the Final Four?

Gary
    Some people call it a 6 pack, I call it a support group.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: March Madness

I still can`t believe that GT upset UNC yesterday....maybe they are back with Jack back in the line. I wonder how they`ll do compared to last year?
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t either. I had UNC as a Final Four team, now I kinda wonder. Syracuse is high on my list, as is Florida. Billy Donnovan is a good coach. I look for them to be right there, but I still like the Illini`s chances. Even when they have a bad game shooting the ball, they seem to find a way to win.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

I was also surprised that Washington got a #1 seed over Oklahoma State!!

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Washington only got that #1 seed because the committee did not want to have three teams from the ACC with #1 spots, although they are the best conference in the country. The final four is a tough pick right now but I have to say that Kansas isnt deep enough to make it past the 16, same with So. Ill. Wake will go from their bracket to the FF even without Chris Paul. I love Coach K and Duke but they tend to have poor games every once in a while, and one-and-out does not suit that kind of play well. You are right that Ill. has the best change although they are somewhat overrated, come on the Big 10 is not that hard of a conference.
    I would like to see the Cuse go deep again since Mac lives about 5 minutes from my house and I played against him for three years in high school. But Mich State in the second round is a tough game.
    My problem so far is some of the bubble teams that were left out. Maryland, who beat Duke twice this year, and Notre Dame. If I were Gary Williams I would be really upset.
    A few teams who I would not be surprised to see have an early exit would be BC as any physical team can hurt them, Kentucky after watching them today they just do not seem to be playing a team oriented game, and Cinci plays a fast paced game which can be detrimental to a group of individuals.
    All in all I cant wait for Thursday regardless. With March Madness pack on the satellite I dont miss a game; and this is the best sporting event of the year IMO.
    Some upset predictions: Pitt upsets Washington in the second round, Utah State(14) beats Arizona (3) in the first round, and the quitessential 12 beats 5 is a toss up between UW-Mil or ODU as the victors.
    Cant Wait for Thurs!!!
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Jones
    I can`t either. I had UNC as a Final Four team, now I kinda wonder. Syracuse is high on my list, as is Florida. Billy Donnovan is a good coach. I look for them to be right there, but I still like the Illini`s chances. Even when they have a bad game shooting the ball, they seem to find a way to win.

Gary
    Florida, no way, lets leave it at that. As for NC in the Final Four their only really challange in that bracket other than UConn would be a streaky-good Villanova team. When those boys are hot they shoot the lights out.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I`m near to soo many of the top teams, I`m gonna say ACC wins! UNC lost yesterday cause they didn`t want to win. Duke against Maryland again would be extremely interesting. As with UNC... Wake Forest just doesn`t seem like a powerhouse team to me since they`ve been upset quite a few times.

March Madness!!!! :drool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nickc0844
    I still can`t believe that GT upset UNC yesterday....maybe they are back with Jack back in the line. I wonder how they`ll do compared to last year?
    Jack is one of the best penetration guards playing today, along with Dee Brown. No doubt they have the guard play with Jack back to compliment Elder and Mohammed. They are a good team but lack the inside presence with Schenscher; the only good center with his tall/skinny build would be Augustine, great footwork and plays the game very smart. I think their win over UNC was a fluke in that Sean May would normally dominate that game. Who knows though, they may be an upset team.

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, the fourth #1 seed didn`t come from the ACC. Oklahoma State deserved the fourth #1 seed. I can`t wait for Thursday either.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Woob
    Since I`m near to soo many of the top teams, I`m gonna say ACC wins! UNC lost yesterday cause they didn`t want to win. Duke against Maryland again would be extremely interesting. As with UNC... Wake Forest just doesn`t seem like a powerhouse team to me since they`ve been upset quite a few times.

March Madness!!!! :drool
    I think their only losses to unranked teams were to Florida State and NC State. FL was a fluke and the Wolfpack always seem to upset the big boys of the ACC. The rest of their losses were to quality teams in Ill., Duke, and GT. Gotta love that Lithuanian kid Danelius.

Post Thanks / Like

As huge a fan as I am of UNC im a little scared. The entire year we have played like a Number 1 team and we hit the tournament and play like last years team. I feel as if we do better WITHOUT Mccants. Im not a fan of Mccants and he still has a lot of proving to do to me. I feel if we can get back to the team we have had all year, we have the best chance to win it all. Playing like we did the past 2 games we dont have a chance in the world..Then again you can never put past any ACC team to win at any moment against any team. As for Wake or State I highly doubt they will make it to the final four. Duke is a strong team (I freaking hate Reddick) and is a very good competitor for the championship (ouch that hurts me saying that).

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, the fourth #1 seed didn`t come from the ACC. Oklahoma State deserved the fourth #1 seed. I can`t wait for Thursday either.

Gary
    I disagree. I`d like to see any of those #1 seeds play in the ACC and have a good record.

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember right, Illinois beat Wake Forrest in the ACC Big 10 challenge by 35 points??? Maybe I`m wrong here?

Gary

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember right, Illinois beat Wake Forrest in the ACC Big 10 challenge by 35 points??? Maybe I`m wrong here?

Gary
    Right on the results, but a little strong on the spread.
    It was 18 points. 91 -73

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected, Charles, you are right. I watched that game and the final score was much closer than the game actually was.

Gary

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information