Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to post and see what kind of interest there would be in getting together for a group ride some time. I know there are a lot of Autopian`s that ride and I thought it might make for a great get together. I was thinking a ride in the area of Deals Gap but, am open to suggestions for different locations....

http://www.dealsgap.com/maps.htm

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

http://www.killboy.com/

I am also curious as to what types of bikes fellow Autopian`s ride. I would love to see some pictures and maybe share some of your detailing tips...

My current ride is a 1997 Honda VFR750F. I could have purchased a newer bike but, I have always loved the 4th generation VFR and actually had another one about 7 years ago. I recently had the chance to get back into riding after being away for a while and decided to pick up another one.

I purchased this bike last year from a guy in Columbus, GA. He is an Army Blackhawk Helicopter pilot. I believe right now he is doing his 3rd tour in Iraq. Anyway, the bike has 32,000 miles on it, most of them done over in Europe when he was stationed there. In the background of the picture above you will notice a Goldwing GL1800 which he recently purchased. He is also looking at getting a Kawasaki KLR 650 and I believe his wife put her foot down at 3 bikes which is why he needed to sell the VFR

I am currently in the process of going through the whole bike doing a lot of much needed maintenance and refurbushing. I am currently doing a valve check (adjustment most likely necessary), carb cleaning and lost of other little things. Here is how she currently sits. I hope to have it all wrapped up in the next 30 days or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d love to ride Deals Gap, but it`s too far away.

I might be riding down to California in July, though.
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be picking up a `78 Suzuki GS550E tomorrow. I haven`t ridden in 20+ years and am looking forward to riding again. I don`t think I`d be hitting Deal`s Gap anytime soon though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet bike. You`re doing the valve adjustment yourself? The hardest thing I`ve ever done was a steel brake line install. I`m out west and inbetween bikes now, looking to get a kawi Z1000 .
    `04 Steel Gray Metallic Mazda 6s V6 5door, `97 Honda Accord SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnahc79
    Sweet bike. You`re doing the valve adjustment yourself? The hardest thing I`ve ever done was a steel brake line install. I`m out west and inbetween bikes now, looking to get a kawi Z1000 .

Ahh it`s not that bad, just time consuming. It would be worse if I hadn`t already had the carbs off. As the bike sits now I have easy access to the heads.

Post Thanks / Like
    heres a pic of my bike after i tried twpug

Id love to take it to the gap someday

2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    The `Busa Bash was at the Gap earlier this month. Here are a couple of pics from Killboy.com

Here is the link to the rest of the photos, just scroll down to the May 3rd Update...

http://killboy.blogspot.com/2006_05_...y_archive.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m currently riding a 03 gixxer 600. if anything gets together down here in the boonies of FL, i`m game
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Thread Information