Post Thanks / Like
    I was told B6 gives you crazy dreams and I didn`t believe it until my buddy told me today. Yesterday night he took some of my multivitamin which contain 50mg of B6 and B12 and he said he had some crazy dreams that he never had before.. Anyone have any idea why it would make you have crazy dreams?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn`t B12 for energy? That`s what in them energy drinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should take Vit B in the morning because it gives you wings specially B 12 complex ether 50 or 100 MG. Another one is Chinese Ginseng but take Chinese Ginseng in the winter because it heats you up and American Ginseng in the summer.

Every one knows what coffee does but did you know there are different kinds of coffee what has a different kind of caffeine effect. Like Colombian coffee to a mellow Java coffee.

What gives you more energy is proper rest and eating right, if you can’t do that then at lest have one day a week to have proper rest.

Other one is a safe environment is really important because who wants to live in an environment where someone or a group cuts you down and makes you feel like crap.

Energy drinks ether has high to low contents of caffeine Vit B complex, my favorite is Red Bull with Jack Daniels when I party.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got personal experience with this one. I was recommended to supplement with a combination of B6 and B12/with Folic Acid. The main reasons were to increase energy and to help with mental stress. The Folic Acid/B12 converts food into energy and assists mentally, and B6 is for mental stability/anti-stress. All I can say is I`m a believer!! Especially the B12/Folic Acid (B9). You take it sublingually (under tongue) and it acts like a digestive enzyme! Very cool! It gives you more energy and other benefits but the energy was what I noticed most. I already take a multi-vite, so I add these two in the daytime for extra energy and B6 helps with stress, etc. I FEEL better during the day when taking them. Also I believe these 3 work best as a combination. (synergy)

B12- http://snipurl.com/q6h6 "Not only does vitamin B12 help in the formation of healthy red blood cells (which protect against anemia), it is also involved in the maintenance of the myelin sheath, the fatty substance that covers nerves and enables them to function properly. The body also needs this vitamin for cell replication, proper energy metabolism, and to create the genetic material in cells known as DNA and RNA."

B12- http://www.healthy.net/scr/Article.asp?Id=1924 - "Vitamin B12 is the "energy" vitamin, as it often increases the energy level, whether obtained from eating the B12 foods or from supplemental use."

Folic Acid (B9)- http://snipurl.com/q6j2 - "Folic acid is involved in every bodily function that requires cell division. It is used to generate red blood cells, help wounds heal, build muscle, and produce brain and nervous-system chemicals. It should always be taken in combination with vitamin B12, because taking only one of these B vitamins can mask a deficiency in the other."

B6- http://snipurl.com/q6h8 "Day by day, there`s probably no nutrient as actively involved in keeping your system running smoothly as Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 partakes in no fewer than 100 chemical reactions throughout the body."

The daily amounts that worked for me (170 lbs) were:

(1) B6 - 100mg

(1-2) B12 1000mcg/Folic Acid 100mg

Took them in the daytime so no dreams!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I read in Mens Health that B12 is more effective than most OTC allergy meds like Claritin. It isn`t proven, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I`ve read and interpreted, dreams are nothing more than left over electrical impulses that the brain puts to use in the form of interactive sequences (the dream) while you sleep. I myself when sleeping 7-8 hours uninterrupted awaken with ZERO recollection of dreaming. The only times I EVER remember a dream is if I wake up prior to my last two hours of sleeping and then resume sleep.
    2002 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    B6 dreams are great. My favorite is taking ZMA at night before bed. Just 1 capsule knocks me out and gives me vivid dreams. Something about the Zinc, Magnesium, B6 combo that just works wonders.

ZMA link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_(supplement)

I get mine at bulknutrition.com - their in house brand is the same patented stuff made by SNAC.

B12 is best in the Methyl form. I`ve found it to be great in maintaining focus and normalizing my sleep schedule. The B12 has something to do with regulating the melatonin cycle. I just feel really good all day long when I`m taking it.

My favorite Methyl B12 is the Country Life Biochem version "Superior B12"

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bioc/b12.html

Thread Information