Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    My interest has been peaked recently by the diecast cars on the market, particularly 1:18. A huge collection isn`t in the budget, but some of them are pretty neat. Do any of you collect or have pictures of your collection? Any suggestions for someone just beginning to look? Thanks.
    `05 MDX / `04 6s 5-door

Post Thanks / Like
    I only have a few but here is one of mine. It`s made by First Gear just for Waste Management. I had a hookup at WM when I bought like 12 at a time and I was selling them on Ebay like hot cakes. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, about 105 . I`ve been collecting forever. There`s all up on shelves and it`s hard to photograph them all, that`s why I never posted. I have a few duplicates. Two are in my bathroom.

I`d suggest you go to a KB Toy Store. They have the best selection and the most reasonable prices, that is next to a BJ`s Wholesale Club, they tend to have them at about $10 each!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tons of Nissan Z car ones. It is truely an obsession
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I just dug up my list, looks like it`s closer to 103. That is strictly 1:18 diecasts. I have 1:36 of my Audi and 3 1:24 Franklin Mints. One of which is the special Franay bodied 1947 Bentley that just sold for $1.6 mil at Barrett-Jackson.

Post Thanks / Like
    My dad probably has well over 500 diecast Nascar cars ranging in all different scales, the trailers as well...Fighter plains, classic cars, Hundreds of older toys...lots of tonka and rusted crap worth $$ ( minus the one we just sold for $1500 ) I`ll take a picture of his collection in our downstairs when I get a chance. My dad picked up most of his stuff at flea markets or garage sales. (All the nascar stuff is off QVC or other places) A lot of people dont know what they are getting rid of for $20 when someone else knows it is a steal.

The toy ride on bus my dad just sold...When they were looking at the current house we live in...my dad was joking to the realtor and said if the current owners throw in the ride-on bus he would buy the house. So they gave him the bus and now we`re re-doing our garage with it! Some of the die-cast out there right now are really neat!

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to hard to keep up with all the new 1:18 scale cars that come out regularly. It`s an explosion now compared to not too long ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    I try to hard to keep up with all the new 1:18 scale cars that come out regularly. It`s an explosion now compared to not too long ago.

Are you talking about Nascar cars or in general

Post Thanks / Like
    1:18 diecasts in general. I`m a fan of cars from The Classic Era and happily, I`m seeing more of those being produced.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to collect 1:18 scale cars, I have about 40 of them now (sorry, no pics). Mostly Maisto`s, with some ERTL`s, Exoto`s, and a few others. IMO Maisto has always made the best ones for the $$. It`ll be awhile, but around holiday season Costco has an insane selection of Maisto`s for $10 a pop!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a huge diecast fan. My collection consists of mostly 1:18 diecasts, which center around american classics. My collection vintage ranges from the `10 Model T thru the 1960-1970 muscle car segment. I also have delved into a few of the american and foreign classics. I`ve been collecting 1:18`s for about 13+ years, and when it seems that I`ve reached total boredom with the hobby, a new model comes out and re-starts the collecting madness all over again.

One of these days though I`ll retire from collecting, as most of my favorites have been covered in 1:18.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you sound exactly like me minus the muscle car part. I`m just not a fan. I feel exactly the same way you do about the hobby and new releases coming out. :up

Ah, it`s good to know Costco has them for $10 too. It`s too bad I`m not a member nor one of BJ`s any more. It was getting to be very hit and miss any way though.

Post Thanks / Like
    wish i could help but i can`t!!!!!!!!!! to busy playing with my HO and 1/32 scale until the weather gets better. and get back into detailing again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, this is another disease! I just picked up two more 1:18s today, total is 105 solid now, all thanks to this thread . Scored a Delorean and a `37 Cord. Awesome detail with lots of nice moving and hinged parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Down the road, I may get started. Since I am a big NHRA fan, I want to start collecting certain funny car die casts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information