Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been hospitalized for 7 months because of a car accident and because I don`t have any insurance, I almost got my bank account closed. I paid a high bill from the hospital and bought expensive medicines. I`m afraid that if another accident happens my bank account will be totally closed.

I’m planning to get insurance before May. Any suggestions/inputs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Allen

Post Thanks / Like
    My suggestion, don`t ever go without insurance of some kind for this reason. Too many people do it, and it`s way too risky. Hell, even with insurance it`s too easy to break the bank.

Seriously though, hospitals usually have financial counselors and I would recommend talking to one of them. Also, I hate to go this way with it, but was the accident the other person`s fault? Their insurance or yours should have coverage for bodily injury, or perhaps a lawsuit if necessary (last resort IMO, I hate our litigious society). Good luck.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    My question:

Why is the first post in a car detailing forum about health insurance? Seems like the last place I`d go for this type of advice.

My suggestion: Convert your assets to cash, and don`t put the cash in the bank, file bankruptcy, and sue the individual that hit you. Why isn`t your auto insurance covering you?

Thread Information