So as a handful of you know I began to apply to UR in late November. I finished my application on December 3rd.

I received my acceptance letter to UB yesterday. It was nice, but I wasn`t wowed. Not like "gold star," "blue ribbon", etc.

I opened my mailbox today and, SCOOP!, I see a white envelope. I pulled out the mail and looked at it.

So that kind of takes away the suspense of opening the white envelope, but the letter made me happy nonetheless...

So as many of you know I went to NCCC. I kind of had some issues in junior year which prevented me from going to a 4 year school. 920 on SAT (I had just gotten out of the hospital the preceding Friday, eep). I had good grades before then, and my HALF senior year I got good grades. It finally feels like I`m putting that **** up to rest. I really do like NCCC. I love my professors.

I`m so happy. They`re #11 in primary care schools in the nation (as per US weekly). I really don`t think I would have ended up at Rochester out of high school anyway, I probably would have gone to UB. My parents have a long time family friend that`s an oncologist at UB/VA and she thinks it`s a better decision for me than UB undergrad.

Still waiting on Cornell, but I think Rochester is more realistic.

Future plans? I want to become a doctor of osteopathy. So interesting. Of course I have a few back ups, but I need to focus on my salad (OH MARTHA!)

I`m so happy.

cross posted from nyspeed.com