Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ebp, great dogs. It really sickens me to hear that Tess was abused. We rescued a dachshund who was abused and it was very awkward and sad to see how scared he was of everything. He shivered even at the sight of a human. What a rotten heart certain people have to cause harm to a dog, or any animal for that matter. I can`t even imagine trying to do it myself, I mean it`s just wrong. I applaud you on your rescue, it`s a great thing to do for the well being of animals.
    2004 Silver Dodge Ram QuadCab
    Yeah, it`s got a Hemi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s my dog Wicker. She`s a 10 year old Pekay Golden Retriever. She is a great dog, and very personable (almost too much).

2004 Silver Dodge Ram QuadCab
    Yeah, it`s got a Hemi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe: 3 pups and a kid?! Full house, no ?

Swoop: Nice German...He`s going to get huuuge!

Pork: Great lookin dog, especially at 10 yrs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    Joe: 3 pups and a kid?! Full house, no ?

Swoop: Nice German...He`s going to get huuuge!

Pork: Great lookin dog, especially at 10 yrs!

LOL!! Well, we had to move in baby steps.

Built house in 99, dogs in 01, one more dog 04, 06 married with kid.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkanbeans
    Ebp, great dogs. It really sickens me to hear that Tess was abused. We rescued a dachshund who was abused and it was very awkward and sad to see how scared he was of everything. He shivered even at the sight of a human. What a rotten heart certain people have to cause harm to a dog, or any animal for that matter. I can`t even imagine trying to do it myself, I mean it`s just wrong. I applaud you on your rescue, it`s a great thing to do for the well being of animals.

I`ll never understand how anyone abuses an animal, it is beyond me. Tess still jumps at *any* loud noise, or quick movement. She automatically thinks everyone is out to harm her, she is coming around now though.

Great lookin pup!!
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ebpcivicsi
    I`ll never understand how anyone abuses an animal, it is beyond me.

I do not understand either! I was pleased to find out that one of my beloved college professors is very close "to the action" in animal rights. I`ll give a short bio of him:

"served as the lieutenant governor of Ohio and the mayor of Dayton before leaving politics to practice law full-time. Although his original specialty was employment law, he now works mainly on animal law cases, focusing on cases involving claims of negligence and non-economic damages (such as loss of companionship and emotional distress). He also serves on the Animal Legal Defense Fund’s board of directors and is the founder and chief legal counsel of the Center for Animal Law and Advocacy..."

This man could still be making huge bucks taking employment and personal damages cases but instead he fights on the side of abused animals against humans. Very admirable I must say!
    2002 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to call my lawyer and sue you guys for blowing up my 56k modem. but nice pets worth the wait

Post Thanks / Like
    Penny the Olde English bulldog.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`Swoop411`] I really liked the Dobe posted up earlier. Looks very intimidating. Some people I know have one, it looks and acts really vicious, but if you walk up to it then it will lick you to death! After I move I am either getting another Rottie or a Doberman. Can you tell me more about the Doberman, are they easy to train? Any things I should know about them before seriously considering getting one? QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliments! They are really very misunderstood dogs, having received the same negative media attention in the 60`s and 70`s as pits do today. They are rarely viscious, but they are very protective of their owners and also territorial which gives them a reputation of being mean. Mine is extremely protective of my wife, and although he is well socialized, does not like it when someone comes to the house that he has not met before. That is one of the reasons I chose this particular breed - they are naturally intimidating have great intuition. They are pretty easy to train, willing to learn and please their owners. They are definitely a challenge until they are about a year old, though, always trying to push the limits of what they are allowed to do and get away with. My suggestion would be to read a few breed-specific books on them prior to even considering one so you know what to expect. They will definitely change your life as they are velcro dogs and will want to be with you all the time. Mine follows me around the house (literally). I go to the bathroom, he comes in and sits there - was very weird at first! :nervous: I watch TV, he sits next to me and expects to be petted. I sit down to eat, he sits next to the table patiently waiting for his turn for any leftovers. If you decide to get one, do your homework and pick a breeder that is reputable and honest. If you like, I can recommend a few - It took me several years of searching before I found someone I trusted enough to purchase from. I searched the internet for what I considered to be the perfect Dobe (Dexter von Frankenhorst) and tracked down his offspring. That`s probably more than you wanted to know, but it is important to get what you want from a dog, especially knowing that they are a decision you will live with for probably 8-10 years. PM me if you want more specific info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ007
    I had to post since I am a newb... and he is my pride and joy. Meet Ripley, 2.5 years old.

Cool dog, but I prefer them without cropped ears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike
    Cool dog, but I prefer them without cropped ears.

I hear you. To me, a Dobe without cropped ears is...just another normal dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    swoop411- If you like both Dobies and Rotts (as I do), you might look into a Beauceron, which is kinda in-between the two in some ways, including looks I just gotta get pics of mine up....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus

And this is Lucy (aka. Goober), she`s a 24 (yes, 24) year old cat that we found in the snow back in 1983.

A sad update re: Lucy - we finally had to say goodbye to her yesterday. She was a trooper right until the end. We`ll miss her.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that Picus, it`s always hard to lose them

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about Picus...it is so hard to lose a pet!

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information