Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Terrance and Gabriel (ball pythons):

Fredrick (rose hair)

The 2 newest family members:

Hannah (7 weeks old):

Lilly (10 weeks old):

I have a few more, but they don`t come out often enough to snap a picture of. I have a cobalt blue Tarantula and a Dwarf Chilian Tegu.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a pic of all of `em.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my two dogs...Bernie and Murphy.

They are brothers from the same litter! Mom was a cocker spaniel/brittany mix, Dad was a black lab!

Bernie is the "spaniel stew", Murph is the "slab o`Lab"

and "my little pony...."

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow Jeremiah, that IS a zoo!
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by White95Max
    Holy cow Jeremiah, that IS a zoo!

Yup, we had more at one point. We got most of them around the same time so they all are getting old at the same time .

Post Thanks / Like
    My dogs--

Angus- Bernese Mountain Dog

Elsa- Leonberger (Ive never seen another)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, nice to see somebody appreciating some of the rarer breeds.

Post Thanks / Like
    hadboosttroy - Cute dog Have one myself, absolutely love him. Very friendly and always wants to be around people and play. (When he`s not laying around sleeping of course)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    hadboosttroy - Cute dog Have one myself, absolutely love him. Very friendly and always wants to be around people and play. (When he`s not laying around sleeping of course)

Same to you

Yours is really tiny! I hear you on the sleep thing, I`d say in a day he gets around 20 hours of rest/sleep. he turns three on the 11th

Post Thanks / Like
    6 year old Lhasa Apso (Grunt)

Newest addition, Dinky. Unsure of breed since someone dropped off before pound opened. Vet says she is Schnauzer/Terrier mix. Got her a month ago but now she`s gotten bigger. 1 month in this picture, now 2.5 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 13 year old Siamese named Sullivan, looking slightly ticked off at me being in his face with a camera:

And as he can often be found, guarding the estate:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sullivan looks pretty cool!!

Here`s Shelby!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My two criminals :

Maggie (aka Muggs)---3 yr. old Aussie Shepherd mix.

She`s a rescue dog, but we`ve had her since a pup , so she didn`t serve enough time in the pokey

to realize she`s not a priviliged pedigree.

Gus (aka Gusbubba)---a tragic story with a happy ending :

As best we can tell , Gus is a full-bred Catahoula Cur (or Leopard Dog).

Bred strictly for work originally in the Catahoula Lake region of Louisiana. He`s a swamp dog used

mainly for hunting and herding. He`s very passive around people , but will brow-beat and harass

ANY animal he thinks is going to be a problem...regardless of size or disposition. That`s his job as he sees it and he`s very good at it...(they call him `The Sheriff` at the dog park).

Shortly after getting Maggie , I realized she needed a companion (my wife wasn`t so convinced) , so , I went looking.

I found Gus on Petfinder.com , and, after 2-1/2 months of begging and aggravating my wife about it,

she agreed to let me get him as a Valentine`s Day present (best gift I ever got).

When we got to the shelter , we were shocked at his condition. Damn near every bone in his body was visible through his skin and fur. He had an abcess on his neck the size of a baseball. His fur was rough and matted with urine and feces and he obviously smelled like hell! I was afraid to pet him because I thought he`d break.

We found that he was being kennelled with 4 other dogs and had to fight for his meals. Sometimes he ate , but from the looks of it , most of the time he didn`t.

This particular kennel was his second in one year`s time. The first brought him in as a stray and when no one adopted him and his time was up , he was scheduled to be destroyed.

Luckily , he was taken by the next kennel (where we found him) as a New Year`s rescue...only to again be mistreated. He had sat for so long and in such poor condition that no one wanted him. He was again scheduled to be put down the same week that he adopted us.

After we signed for him and the paperwork was complete (no way we were leaving him there) , I chewed out the kennel owner for the neglect and threatened to report her to the authorities. The kicker is : the woman is a certified Veterinarian !!!!!

She claimed she wasn`t aware of his afflictions. But there`s NO WAY an animal stays in your care for 3-1/2 months without you noticing. I was PISSED !!!!!

After getting him home and feeding him , my wife and I gave him a bath. We both ended up IN the tub with him...crying like little kids as we found more things wrong with him as we attempted to clean him.

Fortunately , I was off from work , so I could see to his care. I spent almost every second of every day for the next three weeks tending to him...boiling his food, taking him to the Vet , giving him his meds for the abcess , heartworm and intestinal parasites (which were causing his food to pass with blood).

After a lot of care and many trips to the Vet , Gus got much better. He gained 15 (15 !!!) lbs. over the next 6 months and has kept it on.

I`d venture to guess that we`ve probably spent at least $3000 for his care....but ,neither my wife nor I could tell you the exact amount...once we committed to him , the budget went out the window (and we`re not rich people).

He`s been with us now for a little over two years and is the same stubborn nit-wit he was when we got him. He never let anything slow him down. It`s amazing how an animal will persevere through almost anything.

It`s taken some work , but we`ve finally spoiled him !!!

He still wakes me up at LEAST once a night when he has to go out (his bladder and bowels never completely recovered) or just wants attention or a snack.

He`s gotten picky about his food , but he DOES let us sleep on the bed.

And for all this , he watches over my wife and I and protects the house like his life depended on it...maybe because it once did.

If you`ve made it through all this , then I apologize for being so long-winded...but this guy`s very important to me. It`s strange how I feel proud of him for all he`s come through.

Anyway , here he is :

Post Thanks / Like
    gusbubba- What a great story with Gus! Good for you, helping the rescue/shelter dogs get a second chance :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is the cutest dog I think I`ve ever seen. Don`t tell my dog I said that though, she`s a jealous wench!

Some more of Millie in Vermont.

She`s not a fan of water:

She is a fan of drying off:

Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information