Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great write up! I plan to use your process when my QEW arrives, but I plan to have a seperate rinse bucket w/ no QEW in it. I guess it would be the 2 bucket method with QEW. Thanks again for the review.

Eric
    Jesus saves!

Post Thanks / Like
    i love your write up. i use qew as well, i have one question. What is your process for doing your wheels, because i dont think using a micro would be good because it would get to dirty. But if did used a micro for the wheels then i will to. Also, what do you do about the tires, do u scrub them, or wipe them or leave them alone??thnx.

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jchetty

i love your write up. i use qew as well, i have one question. What is your process for doing your wheels, because i dont think using a micro would be good because it would get to dirty. But if did used a micro for the wheels then i will to. Also, what do you do about the tires, do u scrub them, or wipe them or leave them alone??thnx.

I have become a student of Mosca`s methods. As far as wheels and tires are concerned, prep is the key to QEW cleaning for me. When I do the hose and soap job, I clean the tires VERY thoroughly with something like A2Z (I`m testing APC+ next time) and the wheels receive a warm coat of #20 or EX after cleaning. Then the tires are treated to 303 applied with a tire swipe. Let sit and wipe off after @ 10 minutes with towel. The next day, repeat the 303 application. [If used properly, 303 almost acts like a sealant--it really is amazing.] When you do this, you will find that QEW is more than adequate to wash the wheels and tires.

After finishing the car, use one of the mitts used to clean the car to wipe off the tire. Then use one of the old Wal*Mart mf`s and dip one end in the QEW mixture that is left over (I know it looks dirty). Do each wheel one at a time, first cleaning with your finger inside the wet end, then drying with the other end. I can do all four wheels with two old mf`s. Dry the tires and re-dress with 303.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    First, I use one bucket with QEW, the other with warm water.

For wheels & tires, I use one of those fake wool mitts. Those are my winter wheels. For the summer wheels, I use a chenille mitt. I use dedicated mitts and towels for the wheels. I haven`t used QEW on my summer wheels yet. I use cheap terry towels on the tires, good terry towels on the wheels, and I used Black Magic Tire Spray.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking of mobile detailers that use QEW, do they apply it to wheel wells?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information