Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think that a new car requires two coats of AIO? And thanks I LOVE the car! It is awesome.
    2007 BMW 335i Convertible Sparkling Graphite Metallic

2006 Porsche Black Cayenne Turbo

Post Thanks / Like
    I put 2 layers of AIO on mine, and about 4 layers of SG. Of course my car isn`t brand new! But it certainly won`t hurt it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found some Meguiars Quik Detailer. It is the equivalent of Final Inspection in their consumer line. I wonder if it has any waxes in it?

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean the Meguiars QD in the burgundy bottle? I don`t know if it has waxes in it...I do know that the Final Inspection #34 does not.

I`d be really careful on the burgundy bottle stuff...you don`t want to use a qd with a carnauba wax in it between layers of AIO and/or SG - otherwise the Klasse will not bond to the paint surface.

A carnauba QD such as Einmann Fabrik Clear Pearl is fine to use on Klasse AFTER you have finished applying the SG and then top with a carnauba wax (like P21S, S100 etc.) You just don`t want to use it when applying Klasse!

Another good QD for use while applying Klasse is Sonus. It does not contain any carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Technique Question? If I drive the car between coats of SG should I

1. rewash

2. Re-AIO

or should I just wash with a mild wash like S21 Shampoo and then re-SG.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I would do the latter. The AIO is a polish, so if you put AIO over the SG it will remove the SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh My GOD! I followed the directions above and WOW! My M3 looks unbelievable. It actually shimmers. I cannot wait to get another 2 coats of SG on it.

Question, I used Meg Quik Detail to remove because I did not have other stuff. What should I do before putting on the second coat of SG?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    The difference between Meguiar`s Final Inspection and Quick Detail Spray, is that the FI does not contain waxes or silicone, where the the QD spray contains silicone. You may not want to use clay lube, as that is more "soapy" and may contain ingredients that you don`t want in between your SG layers.

Personally, I used the QD spray between layers when I first started, and had no obvious problems, but to do it right you`d want to use water or FI to remove SG residue.

I hope that this helps. I`m glad you enjoyed the instructions, and more importantly, the results!

Post Thanks / Like
    Given that the "less is more" is important for Klasse, how do you recommend using it with a PC? Apply by hand, remove/buff with a PC, MF bonnet with FI?

I`m just starting to look into Klasse.
    `04 Steel Gray Metallic Mazda 6s V6 5door, `97 Honda Accord SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gnahc79

Given that the "less is more" is important for Klasse, how do you recommend using it with a PC? Apply by hand, remove/buff with a PC, MF bonnet with FI?

I`m just starting to look into Klasse.

Can anyone shead some light on this maybe Jngr who posted recently about using the Klasse and the PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Less is only more with SG. AIO is the same as any cleaner or polish. Use it till its not working anymore and then apply more product. That kind of info is covered in the threads where its discussed.

Post Thanks / Like
    jimwh - Can you use QuikShine instead of Meguiar`s FI?

Post Thanks / Like
    gagnu,

I`m not familiar with QuikShine, so I can`t give you a clear answer. Unless someone else can chime in, I`d use plain ole water until find out QuikShine`s contents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, this is my first time here. Great discussions. I just purchased the AIO and SG few days ago and loving it already. The only thing I`m having a problem with is the SG. I`m having a hard time hand buffing it off using MF towel. Any advice will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Classy Detail

Hi everyone, this is my first time here. Great discussions. I just purchased the AIO and SG few days ago and loving it already. The only thing I`m having a problem with is the SG. I`m having a hard time hand buffing it off using MF towel. Any advice will be appreciated.

Search for the two towel method. It has been discussed quite a bit. You need two MF`s - one wet, one dry. Wipe the wet towel over the surface to remove most of the SG residue. Then buff with the dry one. This easily removes all SG residue and to the best of my knowledge eliminates the hazing problem(I`ve never had the heazing anyway). Search the forums for a more in-depth description.

Welcome:wavey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information