Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    did a search this wasnt in here, maybe someone will appreciate it.

ive discovered, if i dont have time to vacuum my carpet and u need ur car for a hot date.

temporary solution: a lint roller will do an excellent job at getting rid of all the visible grass and rocks.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    tree sap..? grab an ice cube out of that cooler, rub the ice cube back and forth over the sap, it will eat it down to nothing... rubbing alchohol will work also..
    T.K.C. Mobile Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleTEG
    I buy several cans of compressed air at office supply stores, and use them to lightly blow water out of the cracks and crevasses after washing & drying. Works great if you don`t have a leaf blower, or are detailing away from home

Just don`t hold them upside down or any akward angles

Just get a refillable compressed air can. They can be used to spray whatever you want or just plain air. One can is a lot less than the compressed air you get at the office supply stores and they can be used again and again.
    If you do not change what your doing today, tomorrow will be no different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riceguy
    did a search this wasnt in here, maybe someone will appreciate it.

ive discovered, if i dont have time to vacuum my carpet and u need ur car for a hot date.

temporary solution: a lint roller will do an excellent job at getting rid of all the visible grass and rocks.

A wisk broom does wonders in car interiors. The real one, made from corn stalks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished reading all 11 pages and I have to say, as a new detailer, there are some great tips in this thread! Thanks to everyone who has contributed. I cant wait to try them out.
    :waxing: still learning...

Post Thanks / Like
    Any tips on short-time pad storage.

For instance, I start with a white pad and it`s not aggressive enough, so I move to an orange.

Is the best way to just clean it with soap and dry it w/ the PC?

Post Thanks / Like
    for short time pad storage, use ziplock bags..

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont recall seeing this one.

The best way to prep wheel wells for washing is to apply your favorite APC with a garden sprayer. Thev kind with a flexibletube and wand. These work much better than sprayers made for auto detailing (e.g.., AG sprayer for $20 plus shipping, I have another garden sprayer to apply dressing to wells after. wash. CG Bare Bones or Griots work well as Spray On Walk Away LSP`s for wheel wells.

Post Thanks / Like
    keep a magic eraser handy for inside the door jambs for removing shoe skuffs.

also works great for spills

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty simple ones I don`t recall in these last ten pages........

When I start an interior, as was said earlier, I hit everything with an air hose, my addition is I also like to spray some foaming cleaner into the vents, any cracks, steering wheel and center console to get all the dirt out of there possible with the air hose, makes it easier and faster than doing each vent individually with a brush.

When cleaning mats I like to use a pressure washer as CLOSE to the mat as possible. Doing this, even without any scrubbing can restore a terribly abused mat to look almost new. I`ve also found that some stains that are difficult or even seem forever inlaid in the mat sometimes come right out with a brushing in that spot with solvent.

LOVE this post guys, thanks to everyone who has posted, learned (and affirmed) some great points!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that for the inside if not that bad pledge or indust with fiber cloth works great also will make door jams shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    When wet sanding, I use a cheap HVLP sprayer to rinse off the surface and does a better job at cleaning the paper and panel. I fill a "refill jug" up with hot water & soap. I turn the pressure on the gun down to around 10-20psi, fluid screw full open, pattern knob closed or slightly cracked. I also hang the gun by the cup on a guitar stand that is easy to move around the car and sit the gun down without tipping. I also picked up cheap plastic dinner tray from Goodwill, the compartments are easily filled with water and you can sort the different grits all in 1 tray.

Hope that helps someone out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tkc
    tree sap..? grab an ice cube out of that cooler, rub the ice cube back and forth over the sap, it will eat it down to nothing... rubbing alchohol will work also..

I`ve never tried that! Thanks for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not seen this one yet, but it is a life saver.

Use non chlorinated brake cleaner to remove paint from plastic.

for about $2.00 you can strip a "custom" dashboard down to the factory finish.

It also helps to spray down some pieces and tie them in a heavy-duty garbage bag. Take them out in about 30 mins, and the paint will come off in sheets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster
    I understand your concerns!!!

I use Hi-Temp (brand) Grape Tire Dressing on the treads.

You mentioned a few blocks of driving. It`s really more like a few rotations. Usually, by the time you reach the street, it`s all worn off. Even better in the grass, and it`s bio-degradable. (I guess that means I can drink it!)

Congrats on winning the darwin award. Go look up the story about the retard who did this to his Jetta and ended up wrapped around a tree because he lost all his grip. I mean, there are some things that you think of and right away say "I shouldn`t do this". This is one of them, I mean come on.

My contribution to this thread has probably already been mentioned, but don`t ever dry your car before hitting it with a leaf blower. My $75 Wal Mart 2 cycle Poulan has been saving me from constant drips for 5 years now.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information