Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by slimborama

You have very pretty fingernails

LOL...I about lost my DrPepper on the monitor there. good job.

Post Thanks / Like
    PeanutButter for your exterior trim pieces! I`ve tried it and it does work. It works better then Back to Black and doesn`t leave streaks. Oh, and throw some jelly on your tires, makes them shine real nice

I was kidding about the jelly
    Shawn Enz

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL

2001 Nissan Maxim SE
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is such an awesome thread, I have to keep it going.......

If you haven`t read it.....go back and read all of the LITTLE TRICKS WE`VE LEARNED!!!

Here are a couple more:

1. After cleaning your engine bay, use Tire Foam for the plastic and rubber parts, (hoses, fuse boxes, etc). Leaves them with a nice satin sheen.

2. If you can reach through the "holes" in your wheels, be sure to clean all the way to the back side of the rim. It gives your car a real finished look! It`s a little work, but worth it.

3. Wax your door jambs! Makes them so easy to clean next time.

4. Under-hood pads always collect dirt and look terrible. I painted mine with latex "fabric" paint. Dirt doesn`t collect in it now.

5. Rolling stool for low body panels, bumpers, wheels........easy on the lower back!

6. TIRE FOAM in the wheel wells makes them shine like new.......and it`s CHEAP!

7. Before waxing or polishing, spray your applicator pad thoroughly with QD. Makes wax or polish application very slick (less friction)....

8. For interior glass.....use a small bucket of warm clear water and two MF towels. One to wash and one to dry. No chemicals needed......and completely STREAK-FREE.

9. For you Car-Show guys........When your car is all set up and show-ready, the final touch is to dress the TIRE-TREADS. It`s final finish in making your car look like a winner!

Keep this going guys!!!!

I`ve picked up some very cool tips from this thread!
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Click here for:Bill`s Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    I just thought of more........I`m on a roll!!!

For extremely dirty MF`s or terry towels (engine bay, wheels, etc)...PRE-SOAK them in hot water and Oxy-Clean before machine washing.

The sink water will be black, but your wife will be happy!!!(no black ring in the washer)...
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Luster

9. For you Car-Show guys........When your car is all set up and show-ready, the final touch is to dress the TIRE-TREADS. It`s final finish in making your car look like a winner!
    Luster,

I`ve seen a few cars at shows that have the treads dressed, and you`re right, it does look good. I have to ask, though, what product should be used? I`d be scared to use even a water based dressing like Vinylex on the tread because of traction issues. Granted, it should wear off within a few blocks of driving, but I`m haunted by visions of needing to do an emergency stop in those few blocks while the tires are still slick, and just sliding right into whatever I`m trying to avoid.

What have you used in the past, and have you ever noticed traction problems on the drive home from the show? Maybe I`m just being paranoid, but I tend to be that way about brakes, tires, and suspension.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d be scared to use even a water based dressing like Vinylex on the tread because of traction issues

I`m with Tortoise on this one. At shows I usually wiped the treads down with a damp sponge. If there is a product that won`t make the treads slick let me know.

It would be a pain to be slipping and sliding trying to get the my show car on the trailer....
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TortoiseAWD

Luster,

while the tires are still slick, and just sliding right into whatever I`m trying to avoid.

What have you used in the past, and have you ever noticed traction problems on the drive home from the show?

Tort

I understand your concerns!!!

I use Hi-Temp (brand) Grape Tire Dressing on the treads.

You mentioned a few blocks of driving. It`s really more like a few rotations. Usually, by the time you reach the street, it`s all worn off. Even better in the grass, and it`s bio-degradable. (I guess that means I can drink it!)
    Bill Luster

`00 Trans Am / `82 Vette

Post Thanks / Like
    To remove bugs from your car get an old pair of nylon stockings and slip a soft sponge inside of it. Use with your carwash soap and scrub lighlty. The bugs will come right off with no scratches or marring.
    2003 F150 Red Supercrew

1999 Sedan Deville Concours

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve learned that "buffing" does not mean "scrubbing".

For instance, going over a bug lightly several times while QD`ing will not leave scratches in your black paint like scrubbing the bug vigorously will.....

Don`t ask me how I know this.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s my tip: there`s this website

you czn go to to find out te answer to almost any question you might have about detailing!

Mosca

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the great tips. If I dont have a claybar handy while washing windows, I will use steel wool.

Wet, spray cleaner, steel wool to remove all the crap on the window, paper towel dry. I have never seen a single streak, and it cleans it very well.

I had always thought that it would leave little scratches... but I havent seen any ever so is that not true?

Post Thanks / Like
    mask off your trim with the tape painters use... really helps prevent stains when working with products that hurt trim.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you have a stubborn spot of dirt, polish or wax on your MF towels, wet the spot with water and use the little blue soft plastic nail-cleaning brush that comes with the Gojo Orange Hand Cleaner, it scrubs the stain right out and is very gentle on the fibers. Plus it is right on the sink I use to rinse all my toweling in and to wash up after detailing!

That`s another tip, rinse and inspect your toweling before you wash it. Gets out a lot of the lint and your washer won`t have a dirty ring on the agitator when their done, plus you can pretreat any trouble spots. I know, sounds anal, but those towels get expensive.

Use #0000 steel wool and a glass polish on stubborn water spots on glass.

Clean your glass with a glass cleaner dampened MF then buff with a dry one...no streaks.
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Blue-Sun
    I find that when I spray my wheels with A2Z and let them soak for 30 sec and rinse, by the time I get to the third and fourth wheels, the A2Z is dry. I spray some more A2Z on my wheel brush directly, and scrub away with it. Works good for those hard to reach places . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    I use STONERS INVISIBLE GLASS on chrome and alloy rims.

I dont mess with time consuming gunky polishes for chrome rims instead

I spray on Stoner`s Invisible Glass Cleaner and wipe off.

it doesnt get easier than that.

and the rims shine like they never have before.

Great stuff!
    well i don`t want fop g******** i`m a dapper dan man! - oh brother where art thou?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information