Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcaraddict
    Congrats on winning the darwin award. Go look up the story about the retard who did this to his Jetta and ended up wrapped around a tree because he lost all his grip. I mean, there are some things that you think of and right away say "I shouldn`t do this". This is one of them, I mean come on.

My contribution to this thread has probably already been mentioned, but don`t ever dry your car before hitting it with a leaf blower. My $75 Wal Mart 2 cycle Poulan has been saving me from constant drips for 5 years now.

I doubt that tire shine is going to cause a person to lose all of their grip. I`m sure there is something he`s not telling us. Like he was running slicks, or he was on a racetrack, or he was driving like an idiot. That stuff is going to wear off within a block, just like rust disappears on brake rotors after one stop.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Had spare time recently... came up w. an effective way to clean doorjambs maybe not THE fastest way....

>protect interior w. towels

>spray down w. apc dilution of choice

>rinse with spray bottle of distilled water

>spray ONR dilution onto panel

>wipe w. mf that has also been soaked in ONR

>dry w. separate MF.

I found no swirls on the jambs from this method.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will second the idea about Mr. Clean Magic erasers there work great on scuffs.

Also, I use a craftsman shop vacuum that has a detachable blower on it. I hook my vacuum hose right to the blower ( with it still attached to the vacuum and dry the car and then switch it to the vacuum port and do my interior. saves me a ton of time and money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Foam paint brush to apply tire and trim gels.

To get oil or grease out of carpets/fabric spray brake cleaner (any brand) on a towel and gently wipe over the spot. It will stink for a bit but will go away pretty quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you wash your black car or truck with a wash wax. Then while it`s still wet right before you dry it off spray some detailing spray on it and wipe it off you will be spot free, and a excellent shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    if i have a tough shoe scuff or whatever else on plastic interior i use a light grit hand cleaner

the cheap napkins at fast food restaurants clean glass fast and easy and they`re free
    99 Z28 Cyber Grey Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    A second set of eyes will always reveal what you may have missed...

Post Thanks / Like
    Another new trick is to use Megs D101 APC (green) diluted 10:1 as a Clay lube.. I discovered this last week when using Clay magic and I ran out of the CM supplied lube. What I discovered was that Megs actually removed rail dust on my white 07 MB C230ss better and faster than the CM lube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Intel486
    Just a question... why would you do this every day for a week? All the engines I have done I have been able to get clean the first time.

there are alot of post using simple greem or Hi-Intensity Cleaner or some other cleaners for wheels. I use them on "badly-rusted" wheels and they never take it all off....i follow with good old fashioned Brillo pads...and that finsihes them....I little elbow-grease never hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    When washing your car.. start with the wheel wells, then clean the tires and wheel assemblies using the 2 bucket method.

Once the tires and wheels are done, mix up another solution of car wash shampoo and rise water.

I follow the natural airflow of the vehicle and wash one panel at a time and in a straight line. My method is to start with the hood, the move to the windshield, roof, backlight and trunk lid.I then go to the front grille area, left front fender and move my way down to the rear quarter, then do the same with the passenger side and finish at the rear panel.

I then remove the nozzle from the hose and use free flowing water to do the final rinse, then dry with microfiber drying towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tricks? Keep it really simple process wise. Select products that flat out work and perform. Use quality materials and top quality equipment. Have a set process that works and stick to it.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    when wetsanding, dont just rip the paper with your hands. cut it.

(seems like a huge BS, huh? honestly i laughed when the old man at a training session told that. then he showed the difference. the sanding marks that the ripped paper left was 13905782357 times harder to buff out. seriously. i tred it later when i was painting a bike and found out that if you cut the paper straight it wont leave too deep sand marks like the ripped one will.)
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by S&S Detailing
    When cleaning mats I like to use a pressure washer as CLOSE to the mat as possible. Doing this, even without any scrubbing can restore a terribly abused mat to look almost new.

This one caused me some grief. I tried it on a few badly neglected dealership acquisition`s and the pressure washer permanently damaged the mats. It left patterns from me moving the nozzle back and forth over the mats, as well as fluffing up the carpet pile in an unusual way, making it look pretty bad. It also took longer, and it required a huge drying time compared to just using the carpet extractor lol so be careful with this one!

My tips are based on time saving:

1. When I start on an interior I like to start out with vacuuming. I spray my general interior cleaner into the cup holders on the doors, center consoles, any cubbies in the interior that collect grime and spilled drinks. I then let it sit there while I vacuum the carpets. Then I vacuum the cleaner out of all the places I`ve sprayed it into and 9 times out of 10 they are completely clean and grime free. Saves me from having to brush them or otherwise scrub them out.

2. I get tired of pumping spray bottles all day so I`ve replaced many of them with the little chemical pump-up sprayers (like the ones carried by griots). These little sprayers are just like the big pressure sprayers, only with no hose, just a nozzle. You have to pump them up to pressure initially, but you pump them a lot less than regular spray bottles, and they hold more! They save time and my hands. I use them for carpet cleaners, wheel and tire cleaner, ONR, tire gel, QD spray, etc.

My 2 cents.
    Andrew

On The Spot Mobile Detailing

Serving Saint John and Surrounding Area

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably mentioned already but I didn`t carefully scan all 13 pages:

-when buffing off cured carnauba and it`s a pain to remove, carry a little mister bottle filled with distilled water (makes mist when spritzed) in your shirt pocket/apron pocket. A brief mist will help with tough lsp removals. A spray bottle sprays too much water, a mister bottle dispenses a perfect amount of water.

- clay and velveeta cheese are not interchangeagle in either direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cut the metal end off an old hose so you dont risk scratching the cars paint when washing.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information