Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I have a Toyota Tacoma truck which I am really picky about. Yesterday I noticed that some of the interior plastic has scuff marks on it. I know it is probably impossible to remove these marks, but is there anything that can be done to minimize the scuff appearance?

Thanks in advance

Kev

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kpinks
    Hello, I have a Toyota Tacoma truck which I am really picky about. Yesterday I noticed that some of the interior plastic has scuff marks on it. I know it is probably impossible to remove these marks, but is there anything that can be done to minimize the scuff appearance?

Thanks in advance

Kev

I hope someone answers this too! I was thinking, maybe some kind of light sanding? Then maybe use some chemical to restore the plastic in the area you sanded? Or maybe heating up the area with steam and then using a chemical that has a bit of a "grit" to it and rub it on.

Would like to hear a professionals input on this, though, because I am not one.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing i have found to do the trick in this instance is Mr. Clean Magic eraser. always keep a couple of these on hand at all times. It doesn`t take much time at all to remove them either!

Hope this helps
    Originaly Posted by: camaro5ryan

CG customer service sucks... Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    In many cases the "scuff" may be removed quicker with the use of a pink pencil eraser.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nushine31223
    The only thing i have found to do the trick in this instance is Mr. Clean Magic eraser. always keep a couple of these on hand at all times. It doesn`t take much time at all to remove them either!

Hope this helps

Also realize if you choose to use a magic eraser on your car it`s similar to using fine grit sand paper. It works by abrading the surface so whatever protection from the factory that is on the trim will be reduced or removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like My Guides or Work? Then Please Like My Facebook Page:

Facebook.com/IncrediblyDetailed | www.IncrediblyDetailed.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrace
    Also realize if you choose to use a magic eraser on your car it`s similar to using fine grit sand paper. It works by abrading the surface so whatever protection from the factory that is on the trim will be reduced or removed.
    Or any color/dye, applied by the parts vendor to the part. An eraser, such as I suggest allows one to get very specific to the affected area.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Pink pencil eraser... cool, I am going to try it. My VW already has 3 marks on the seat trim, and that`s with being careful getting into the car.

That little trim piece is $57.00... so the eraser sounds like a good possibility.

Thread Information