Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matryx
    Thanks for this. I just use this method and it`s such a time saver and a lot easier than the two bucket rinseless method. I just ONR with 3 oz of concentrate in a 4 gallon bucket. This method is great for the winter. We had our first snowfall a few days ago and the car was looking very dirty. Went to the coin-op and gave it a good high-pressure rinse to get all the snow and salt of the wheels and fender walls.

Looks like I`m doing this method for the winter from now on and maybe even the summer. Using a grout sponge for rinseless wash just take too long compared to this method. Just need to get me a new bunch of El Cheapo towels.

Just curious how much towels does it take you guys to do 1 medium size sedan?

Generally 6-8
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Just tried the Garry Dean wash method, gotta say I like it! One of those ideas where you wish you`d have thought of it. Its nice to have clean media and not have to worry about getting your sponge/mitt clean. Also seems to use a lot less water. Thanks for sharing Garry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too Dan. It`s like taking traditional no-rinse washes to an Autopian level!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying the method this weekend...can`t wait. My two-bucket ONR ways might be a thing of the past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALM
    Trying the method this weekend...can`t wait. My two-bucket ONR ways might be a thing of the past.

Don`t worry, you can still use the second bucket...for dirty towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    If I didn`t just spend $350 on detailing supplies I would have bought this kit. Time to save up. This is what I have been searching for. Apartment life with no car wash zone is hard on someone who is a clean freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean
    Microfibers are more absorbent when they are damp.

Garry, you`re not using a WW drying towel for the drying task?

Also, if I mixed up my rinse-less wash with a bunch of towels in it, would it be OK to leave it sitting, covered, for a month? Or would you recommend letting the towels sit in the solution for no more than a couple of days?

I`m not clear on why you use only 1/8th of the towel surface before retiring it? Are you concerned that it`s getting too "dry"?

If this is intended to be sort of a "speed" wash, why do you spend time wringing out the towels when you have completed the panel? What`s the purpose if they`re just heading straight to the washer?

I can see the Kwazar double-pump action sprayers being purpose-built for this activity

Thx.

Post Thanks / Like
    This looks like a great method! Thanks Gary!

One question - rather than putting aside the towel after using one side, can you fold / reuse other portions by just scooping up some solution from the bucket with your hand, and try to pour it over the towel to saturate it again?

as long as your hand is clean, your not putting more dirt back into the bucket, and you can use less towels?

I can see being able to move faster without folding towel repeatedly, but just thinking of it for my own use on my daily driver and the fact that i generally hand wash my towels - i think the time saved hand washing less towels afterward would outweigh washing more towels

i always find stuff in the towels afterwards, even when i occasionally do machine washing, it still seems to take an inordinate amount of time to pick the stuff out of the towels, but maybe i`m just OCD about it. again, less towels = a lot less time for me personally

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is an old thread, but I recently had a chance to see Gary Dean`s The Perfect Wash:

The Perfct Wash with The Perfect Soap Garry Dean Wash Method Tampa, FL Infinite Use Detail Juice High end detailing Premium Custom Detailing traditional wash 2bm two bucket method proper car wash karcher pressure washer microfiber - YouTube

At about 13:20 into the video, I noticed he scoops up more soap to get more suds into the towel.

I noticed in the Gary Dean Wash Method video (using the IUDJ), the towel is discarded (i.e. put aside for laundry) after it loses lubricity, in the demonstration it is discarded after a single face of the folded towel is used.

I tried the Gary Dean wash method (using ONRWW I had on hand in place of IUDJ) on my wife`s Sienna, and rather than discarding the towel, I tried Gary`s same concept by scooping up ONR solution with my hand and then pouring it over the towel if I felt it is losing lubricity. I would of course fold to a new face of the towel for each panel, and also I ended up using all 8 faces.

It worked just fine. Maybe this is common knowledge and the video at the start of this thread is outdated?

Anyways I was really happy to only use a few towels for a really large vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    ybajwa- IMO it`s a matter of your risk-tolerance and different people will have different thresholds in that regard. I wouldn`t even take the risks that Garry takes, but others don`t even find his method necessary.

(Check your PMs... )

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information