Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Appreciate such a useful tip. Since I am only maintaining 3 cars this will go a long ways in extending my clay....since I only use it about 3 times a year on fairly clean cars the extra time used cleaning the clay is not material.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now if I could just find a way to safely clean off clay after I drop it. It doesn`t happen often but happens when you let your mind wander instead of concentratining on what you are doing.

I have often thought about taking a large, clean bath towel and laying it on the ground where I am claying. If the clay falls on that, it should be OK I would guess again so long as the towel was clean.

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for you to have a new nick name. David "The Dentist" Fermani sounds good for your avocation of the dental utensils, LOLzz2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Thank you so much david for the help. =)
    down here in colorful colorado!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet. Thanks for the tip, David.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MuttGrunt
    Great idea David. This will really come in handy when you`re using expensive or hard to find clay. Riccardo or Bilt Hamber are very hard to get here in the states, and this makes the price that much more worth it.

Thanks Marc! This should help out drastically as I`ve seen some nasty clay pics in your write ups! :biggrin:

Quote Originally Posted by sal329
    Great advise thanks David
    You`re welcome Sal!

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    Great tip David, thanks a lot.

Thank you too.

Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I wonder if this is cost/time effective. I find that if I use TW ICE or a true Decon, my claying time is greatly reduced as is the dirt on the clay bar. In fact, that first pic look HORRIFIC, lol. I probably waste too much time kneading the clay. I do keep a bucket of hot water around to keep the clay soft, especially now that its cold.

Good question and you are definatley doing the right think by getting the paint as clean as possible before claying. This alone will save your clay too as it`s not picking up as many contaminants because they were chemically stripped prior. But, unless you aren`t kneading your clay on the whole car I really don`t think this takes that long to do. Short version: spray degreaser on clay>>aggitate with fingers or small brush>>dunk in wash bucket>>Next.

For this demo I wanted to really get the clay bar dirty(within reason) so I rubbed it over the lower portion of the front door where all the road tar and heavy build up of contaminants usually are. The only way around this would have been to do a solvent wipe down prior to claying. I`m a firm believer that it`s not a good idea to wait for the bad to get this bad before cleaning/kneading.

Quote Originally Posted by LUSTR
    David when are you going to start distributing toothbrushes? I see a bright future for you with Oral B haha. Very good tip I`ll be sure to give it a shot.

LOL Ivan! Thanks for making me laugh! :brushteeth: I hope this can help.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTitan
    Appreciate such a useful tip. Since I am only maintaining 3 cars this will go a long ways in extending my clay....since I only use it about 3 times a year on fairly clean cars the extra time used cleaning the clay is not material.

Sure thing OutlawTitan! This show definately extend the life of your clay for your application. You should also spray liberal amounts of clay lube in the container you store your clay in because you don`t use it often. This will help when you go to remove it next time. It`s a trick I learned during an Auto Magic training seminar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    Now if I could just find a way to safely clean off clay after I drop it. It doesn`t happen often but happens when you let your mind wander instead of concentratining on what you are doing.

I have often thought about taking a large, clean bath towel and laying it on the ground where I am claying. If the clay falls on that, it should be OK I would guess again so long as the towel was clean.

I hate dropping clay! :furious: Depending on how dirty the ground is, you *might* be able to get away with this method. Light colored clay bars usually show everything.

Quote Originally Posted by integritydetail
    I vote for you to have a new nick name. David "The Dentist" Fermani sounds good for your avocation of the dental utensils, LOLzz2:

Let`s just call me the "toothbrush bandit". :brushteeth::peace:

Quote Originally Posted by White lexus 23
    Awesome! Thank you so much david for the help. =)
    You`re welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalB6
    Sweet. Thanks for the tip, David.
    No problem. Good luck!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip!
    There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which can`t be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known thru Jesus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LUSTR
    David when are you going to start distributing toothbrushes? I see a bright future for you with Oral B haha. Very good tip I`ll be sure to give it a shot.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAA!!!!

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow thanks a lot!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Something so simple.... inspiration for a true "why didn`t I think of that" moment....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information