Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a great review. Thanks, Todd!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very informative as are the rest of your posts Todd. Yet another product to put on the list...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work, thanks for taking the time.
    -Jordan

Over the Top Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome post!

Do you think M95 or SIP on an orange pad on a PC/UDM would achieve the same effects? Would there be any cons to using that kind of setup? Ive got tons of overspray on my windshield that are annoying when the sun hits it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michakaveli
    Nice Review! Looks like a product worth experimenting with.

Thanks michalkaveli

Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    I`ve recently bought and used the LC glass polishing pad Autogeek sells.

Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad

It seems to have abrasives embedded in the firm foam, as I can see it sparkling in the sun. Probably cerium oxide I suspect.

I`ve used it with 1Z Glass Polish to remove bad mineral stains/etching from water spots. It worked so well and so fast I just love it! Before that, it was often difficult to remove them using normal polishes and pads, with varying degrees of success.

1Z Einszett Glass Polish

This worked 100% of the time. I can imagine the *full kit* would work brilliantly.

I think the specific pad plays a large role in the whole system. I would assume that the 1Z glass polish contains a cernium oxide abrasive so I would assume on some level that it would work great. I know that some stainless steel polishes (and perhaps aluminum) contain cernium oxide as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    What is it with those Sonata windshields? I have the same problem: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...-business.html . I ordered the LC cutting pads, polishing pad, and the Diamondite Glass Resurfacing Creme from AG...hopefully I`ll be able to get similar results.

My understanding is that you will the exact same results. Remember the pressure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    Great review and write up Todd...

Thanks Pat!

Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    How about pits in your windshield? Can this product help?

Probably not. The depth of typical pitting runs so deep that you would invariably distort the glass. It would be like driving on an acid trip (disclaimer: I`m only guessing).

Quote Originally Posted by Inzane
    Hmm... I might have to try this. Nissan OEM glass really sucks.

Question, can this glass polishing method eliminate or reduce "pitting" as well as scratches?

Anything can remove anything, but I think that it would take a long time and the glass would become distorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    AG says no to pits...I think this question is kind of like asking if a compound that takes swirls/scratches out of your paint will fix paint chips as well...the stone chips in a windshield are waaay deeper than the wiper tracks removed by Todd in this thread.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by wytstang
    I would love to hear some feedback over time how well water beads now (with out any rain repellent products being used). I can only assume having a scratch free glass surface that water will now just hydroplane across and away (assuming the glass is clean).

I sealed the glass with Z-AIO and Z2pro. I hate Rain-X but I will strip the passenger side half and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by jgh1987
    thanks Todd for the sweet review....it seems pretty effective

It worked very nicely Josh. I hope everything is well!

Quote Originally Posted by alowe
    That worked very well!

It did exactly what it said it would do, can`t ask for more then that!

Quote Originally Posted by ABQDetailer
    DG NuGlass is also an excellent product. I`d like to get some of those glass specific LC pads but for now I`m using a Megs yellow polishing pad and the results are top notch.

I am assuming that DG NuGlass is the polish? I think the pads make as much of a difference and I think you would be impressed with them. Are you able to remove deep wiper tracks with that setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashtime
    Excellent as always! Bookmarked.

Thanks Flashtime.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneO
    That`s a great review. Thanks, Todd!

Your welcome Zane. I hope everything is well with the new career?

Quote Originally Posted by TSC17
    Very informative as are the rest of your posts Todd. Yet another product to put on the list...

Thanks and I agree. I must have if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by shine
    Nice work, thanks for taking the time.

Your very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
    awesome post!

Do you think M95 or SIP on an orange pad on a PC/UDM would achieve the same effects? Would there be any cons to using that kind of setup? Ive got tons of overspray on my windshield that are annoying when the sun hits it.

No, M95 nor SIP has near enough cut (I am assuming) to level glass. From my understanding glass is much much harder (imagine if it swirled from people`s washing techniques like paint! It would be impossible to see out of in just a week!) then paint.

I think that M95 or SIP could possibly remove the overspray (have you tried aggressive clay?) but likely will not correct or level glass.

The orange pad may or may not work, but I trust Lake Country (top company IMO) developed this foam pad for a reason. It feels similar in texture to a orange pad (maybe even less pores) but is VERY stiff.

From what was explained to me, cernium oxide is the key abrasive needed to polish glass because of its hardness. I am unsure if any paint polishes use it, and even if they do, I would think it is at a greatly reduced level of abrasiveness.

So to level paint (for best results) I think is going to require a specific glass (or insome cases metal) polish and a dedicated pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQDetailer
    DG NuGlass is also an excellent product. I`d like to get some of those glass specific LC pads but for now I`m using a Megs yellow polishing pad and the results are top notch.

Agree on the Nu Glass. I typically use it with the PC, speed 5 and white pad. Makes the glass sparkle. Fantastic product

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good todd... now clean the interior
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Good right up thanks for taking the time.:thx

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Impressive-I`ve heard that glass isn`t as hard as it used to be-not sure why:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good. Bad glass is such an annoyance.

I`ve had similar success with Vanilla Moose and Poli-Seal using an LC orange pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your input and awesome review on this product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Monumental thread and should be made a sticky. Great work!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    Your welcome Zane. I hope everything is well with the new career?

Thanks, Todd...things are going very well in the new career. It`s like building any other business from the ground - I need more patience

I would sure like to have a little time to give a proper detail to our vehicles. They`ve been really neglected for the past year and a half

Keep up the great work out there!

Post Thanks / Like
    So, since one of the cons of this approach is the time, pressure, and patience required to do this kind of correction, even with a rotary, I`m now pondering whether using one of the sanding discs David Fermani linked in another thread Product Detail | Scratch Magic as a first step, following with this polishing step. However, they didn`t recommend correcting large areas with the sanding discs

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m glad the glass issue is finally getting some play time. Felt/Stiff Foam pads and Cerium oxide are the only way to achieve satisfactory results on glass. It`s too hard for anything else to really work.

It looks like Lake Country is ahead of the curve as far as detailing companies are concerned.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information